Line6 Duoverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 Duoverb?

Anyone ever played or know anything about this amp? I've been thinking of getting a new amp soon and the Duoverb looks interesting. It's got 15 amp models and two can be used at the same time!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Line6 Duoverb?

It's a cool amp. Try one out if you can. It's basically alot like the Vetta series, but without effects. You can run two amps in tanded - blend them together or run only one. It's not as versatile as most the Line6 stuff, but it sounds VERY good, and it's SOOOOO easy to use. It's hard to get bad sounds from it. It basically uses the most popular of the thousnad amps that Line6 has models of. You run your own effects into this one if you use them.

If I could get one Line6 amp right now, the Duoverb (probably the HD version) would be the one I'd get.

Comment

I'd get a used Vetta head just because the price should dip and the new software upgrade should help it out quite a bit too. If simplistic you want though the Duoverb is that!
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Thanks, guys. I like the fact that two amp models can be used at once, but can any two models be used together? From the front panel, it seems there's 8 amp models for amp 1 and 8 models for amp 2. I'm just curious if you can blend any of the models together from either amp 1 or 2 or if it's just the ones from amp 1 with amp 2.

Like, for instance, amp 1 has Line 6 Clean and Plexi Lead. Could these two be used together? Or can I only use Line 6 Clean with only one of the other amp models on the amp 2 section?

Comment

Traitor!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ August 04, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

LOL I've had my '92 Valvestate (8240 stereo chorus combo) new since about '93, so it's about time for something new. It's only used for home use, and I don't need or really want to deal with having to maintain and change tubes. Plus, all the different amp models of the Duoverb seem interesting.
            Here's the specs from the Line6 site: Duoverb Amp Models based on*…

Line 6 Clean
            '53 Fender Tweed Deluxe
            '58 Fender Bassman
            '64 Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
            '65 Fender Blackface Twin Reverb
            '59 Gibson GA-18T Explorer
            '73 Hiwatt Custom 100
            '65 Marshall JTM45
            '68 Marshall Super Lead
            '87 Marshall JCM 800
            '93 Matchless DC-30
            '94 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
            '93 Soldano SLO 100
            '67 Vox AC30 TB (Top Boost)
            '61 Vox AC15
            '01 Budda Twinmaster

I've also been thinking of possibly the new Carvin SX300 three-channel amp, which is like half the price of the Duoverb, but the Duoverb seems a little more promising with all its features.

Comment

In a word NO!!!! The two different sections/channels have different amp models each.
              It is the same sound quality as the Vetta as its the same chip. You can blend channel 1 to channel 2 but not two amps of one channel.
              It would be cool though.
              Gil

Comment

I tried one of these out about a month ago. It's a REALLY cool amp as long as you don't need over the top gain as I do (Which is why I went with the HD147).

Sounds really good for what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                  In a word NO!!!! The two different sections/channels have different amp models each.
                  It is the same sound quality as the Vetta as its the same chip. You can blend channel 1 to channel 2 but not two amps of one channel.
                  It would be cool though.
                  Gil
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Gil!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesser Known God:
                    I tried one of these out about a month ago. It's a REALLY cool amp as long as you don't need over the top gain as I do (Which is why I went with the HD147).

Sounds really good for what it does.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Troy. The Mesa or Soldano settings should be enough gain for me... though, I could always use an overdrive pedal in front of it to give me more.

Comment

No porblem Joe. Glad I could help. If ya have any more questions let me know.
                      Gil

Comment

Awesome how Line 6 items have so many different appeals some want the vetta some the duo some the HD some the flex it is sweet for Line 6. I think it sounds great for the $ you can't beat it
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                        X