need some help/suggestions on my rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help/suggestions on my rig

For awhile my rig has been like this....
    guitar--->rocktron guitar silencer--->2101 as a preamp with a bbe sonic max in the loop, stereo outs---> g major--->mesa 2:90--->mesa recto cab with custom 90's.
    I use the 2101's foot controller to send program changes to the g major, and the g major switching jacks to control the voicing switches on the 2:90.
    I just got an ampeg vh-140c wich i tested at practice last night, and somehow the damn 10 year old solid state pos is plenty loud and sounds HELLA good. So...If any of you guys have suggestions as to how you would set up all this ****, it would be much appreciated.
    What i ideally would like to do is...
    use the vh-140 only for my main high gain channel and have it use its own power amp. Use the tube preamp section of the 2101 for my clean channels, and some other random crap while using the 2:90 for power instead of the vh-140c. I'm assuming i would need an amp switcher, but would i be able to use 1 cab?

[ August 07, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Gilbert ]
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: need some help/suggestions on my rig

yeah you could use one cab.. the mesa amp switcher would do just that, and you could use the power from each amp. you can use a loop switcher like a patchmate or dmc unit, to do a preamp swap.. I use the patchmate to switch between the triaxis and jmp1.

Dave

Comment

sweet. is mesa the only one that makes a high gain amp switcher?
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

ok, i did some searchin and found several amp switchers that would work, only problem is they are all more than a few hundred bucks at least, so what would the best setup be until i can get a switcher?
        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Working...
        X