Hughes & Kettner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes & Kettner

I have a chance to get a Hughes & Kettner Attax 100 Tour Reverb amp for virtually nothing.

I don't know anything about these amps.

Their website has nothing but marketing BS with no useful info or sound bites.

Any comments?

Re: Hughes & Kettner

I think thats a solid state amp so I would only use it for practice. I had a metroverb 50 watt combo and it had a closed back and it kicked ass. I sold it though needed the $$$. I wouldn't get a 100 watt ss amp maybe a 10 watter.

Comment

They're alright, but I'd consider them one of those amps you buy, use a little, and resell. You'll find it a cool amp, but the novelty wears off pretty quick. I had an H&K something - it was cool and loud, but after playing it a couple weeks, it wandered out of my life as easily as it wandered in. I did play a Tour Reverb combo and thought it was cooler than the H&K I had, but again, nothing I'd ever hang on to.

Comment

i think the h&k is a pretty decent amp. i have a metro 50 and its on par if not better than a peavey ir crate. i like using solid state for gigs since they are more reliable and lighter to carry. if you can get the attaxx 100 for cheap, i think you should do it. it'll be solid for practice and gigs...

Comment

I have to say I'm surprised at the feedback so far.

I had heard that these were supposed to be pretty high end amps.

Comment

Hey jeff300 they are nice amps but the tube versions. You are talking about their solid state line and these are cheap and ok for practice. Their tube line is nice but a little pricey and I heard that reliability is weak.

Comment

Working...
            X