BBE tech question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE tech question

Where are you guys putting this in the chain? The manual on my 462 says to run it directly after the amp. I have tried both ways and both sound fine, but when I run the BBE after my processor which I want to do know because I am using my processor to run stereo with two heads the LED light don't work?

Re: BBE tech question

Tim, some BBE's are made to be run inline with the guitar with the ability to run on a lower input voltage signal.......and some are made to be run after the amp or in an effects loop using a higher signal.
    I use the 422A in my effects loop. I assume the 462 is NOT stereo. Since you are running 2 heads......I would suggest getting a 422a ( its stereo......has 2 channels) and you can use a channel for each head.....which would give you even more available sound tweaking abilities.

If you are not getting the LED's to light up using it after your processor ( even though it still changes your sound ) it may not have a high enough signal for the BBE.
    BBE also claims their products should be used BEFORE the EQ. Run the EQ flat at first and then adjust from there. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Hey Tim,remember I told you that you have to run it after the processor.For some reason I was having the same problem,and I have the 422a.When I ran it before the processor(first in my chain)I would get nothing but clipping from the bbe.I run it in the loop of my xls(same one you have)It goes noise gate, bbe,processor,.That is the only way I could get it to work the right way.Mine sound fine.Say hello to your neighbor for me.Paul

Comment

Yeah its weird. The 462 is stereo Lou. I had a the model you have acutally I sold it to paul artnz. I will probably have to call BBE. The problem is if I run it first in the chain then I can only use one side because it will not reconize a stereo single like a processor will. What I mean is to run it in stereo you need both inputs plugged in. So when I went to run it second in the chain I got both sides to work but your right Lou something is lacking because the LED won't light up. Oh well I'll call them Monday.

Comment

OOPS I have the 482 model not the 462. It is a stereo unit though.

Comment

What amp heads are you running and what processor are you using? I may have a different way to run it. Do both amps have FX Loops and do you use those or do you run direct to the input on the front of the amp?-Lou

[ August 10, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: LouSiffer ]
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Run the BBE before the processor. This is how BBE recomends all their pieces to be run AFAIK.

I assume the G-major has 2 ins and outs this is how I would run it. Outputs from both heads to each input of the BBE. Then the BBE outs to both outputs of the G-Major. Then from the G-major back to each input of the head.-Lou

Comment

Tim,

Most likely you need to use both full loops (Send-Unit-Unit-Receive) on both heads, just like you are doing on the one side of it.

As far as I know, they aren't designed to just take 1 input signal and SPLIT it to process into both channels (unless it's got a bridge?). I believe each side of them are completely independent.

I've done exactly what you're doing in the loops of 2 heads, but with the little puny 264 with the RCA jacks, and it's not even stereo--just 2 signals processed by one set of controls. You've got one of the mega-new-mega-powerful ones...so I KNOW what you want to do will work...just gotta hook it up right. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I've always preferred to run my BBEs pretty far to the end of my signal chain, so it affects the most of the signal as possible. But, there's no hard-fast rules on it, try it before the processor, try it after...see what you like best.

Good luck,

Stu

Comment

Both heads are Lee Jackson XLS-1000. They both have a effects loop. This is how I am running it. Out from the loop on head 1 into the BBE out from the BBE into the a G-Major (left channel) returning to head 1. Out from the other channel on the BBE to the G-Major (right channel) returning to head 2. So I am not using the send on head 2.

Comment

Working...
                  X