flanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flanger

ive had my flanger for almost 2 years but ive never tried it thru the effects loop,

whats the difference and is there any order i have to follow?

Re: flanger

its a "Stereo Flanger" with 1 input and 2 outputs. Anyone know any cool things i could do with the stereo thing?

Comment

It's one of those things you'll have to try out in different order for yourself, there really isn't a set 'rule' to follow when doing it. However there will be tonal differences depending on your gear, and placement of the other pedals. Thus the need to try each out.

Comment

how do i connect it to the loop?

does the output on the flanger go into the input of the head and head output into the flanger input?

Comment

To hook it in the loop, you run a cable from the loop's send into the input of the pedal, the pedal's output would go back into the return of the loop. This put's the amp's preamp in front of the pedal instead of the other way around when usually putting the pedal in front of the amp. It will sound a little different both ways. The stereo feature on the pedal is to run into another amp if you choose.
          As a rule of thumb, time-based effects such as chorus, flanger, phaser should go in the effects loop. Gain-based effects such as overdrive/distortion and wah should go in front of the amp. Though, you'd have to experiment to see what sounds better to you, as there is no real "correct" way. It's all a matter of personal preference in whether it sounds better to you in front of the amp or in the loop.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X