300 Watt amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 300 Watt amps?

A thing to remember about the 300 watt rating is that it was 200 watts a year ago on the origanal Vetta. It is rated different but as pete mentioned you need the headroom. I understant the different strokes for different folks but my singer/guitarist wants to play through a full stack we have a huge bass rig mic'd drums etc... at that point you like the extra power trust me Just depends how loud you play.

Another thing with Line 6 is that the Master volume doesn't really affect the tone so you don't need to use it the power is just there if you need it and the solid state power amps have become liter and more efficent space wise so it is a no brainer to have it.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I thought the deal with those amps was that they were made for heavily downtuned players? As the sound got deeper, they would need more watts, wouldn't they?
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

yo, when i play shows i take 3 full stacks and crank em its great

Comment

Originally posted by xRR1x:
          yo, when i play shows i take 3 full stacks and crank em its great
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yea, I can see two of them behind you in your profile pic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Last two bands I was in were both clubs where I could use a 20-30 watt tubed power amp and be fine.
            Most clubs you won't need anything over 50-60 watts in a tubed amp. If you do, they should have decent enough sidewash/monitor systems with separate mixes where you can bleed it into those to hear yourself better.

Comment

Oh, and I may add.. as most of you know...there's a difference between simply hearing yourself and "feeling it". Some guys just aren't living unless a bunch of watts is moving their clothing and vibrating the limbs.

Comment

As I said though the 300 Watts isn't really used by most and if you were to play it I bet it woldn't sound any louder than a 100 watt Marshall. It really is simply there for clean headroom. Also if from 50 to 100 watts is a 3db jump I bet the 100 to 300 is an even more incremental jump

Comment

Wouldn't it be less of an increase? dB are logarithmic and I'm not sure what kind of increse you'd see from 100 to 300 watts.

/me sits idly and waits for Pete to show up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhhhhh yes, feeling the vibrations always puts me in another demension while playing. But you dont need a friggin 300watter to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                      Wouldn't it be less of an increase? dB are logarithmic and I'm not sure what kind of increse you'd see from 100 to 300 watts.

/me sits idly and waits for Pete to show up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is what I was also trying to convey [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Crate got a 300 watt Blue Voodoo amp which you can use with 8 (!) 4x12" / 2x15" cabs. Guess that is enough to make the earth shake

Comment

Working...
                        X