mesa boogie road king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesa boogie road king

is the road king head stereo? cause if its not then my dad isnt intrested in getting it and thats the best tube amp on the market

Re: mesa boogie road king

Tell him it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Maybe you should also tell him it isn't the best tube amp on the market...

Comment

I played a road king and that thing is a p.o.s , that is by far not the best on the market , the best on the market is , VHT , Diezel , Soldano and Bogner and also ENGL.

Comment

why do u think it sucks?or should i just get the dual recto?

Comment

I had a Mesa Dual Rectifier [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

I now have a VHT Ultra-lead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nuff Said........

Steve

Comment

The problem i face with it , is that its super muddy and has no real balls to it. Its got some great features on it but , to even hear the mids you have to boost them like hell , and it useally turns muddy in my opinion. Plus its not very clear sounding and is way over priced. I dont think it sucks but compared to the brands i named above it does suck compared to them , and i know Peavey 5150's i would easily pick over a road king. But thats just my 0.02$

Comment

ColdVayne....DEAD-ON!

If u want to play an amp that can sound pretty heavy and hide all your mistakes in the mix get a Mesa.....

If you want an amp that's brutal ( and i mean BRUTAL ) with lots of tone and bottom end, that will make every note you play sing through with a crystal clear crunch, get a VHT, Bognor etc......

Of course this all depends on your budget [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

what does MetallicA use live?i saw them in chicago and that distortion was the best

Comment

are those dizels worth 4000 bucks

Comment

I own a Dual Recto Rackmount and it is very articulate... ??? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] If you take the time to screw with it they sound great.

I dont think it hides mistakes. It has great tone in my opinion. I guess it depends on your ears...

I also have a 5150 and that sounds killer too.

I would sit down with a bunch of amps ( go to a store that carries most of the stuff you are looking at) with your guitar and if possible a cabinet that is like the one you own and make your own assumptions. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by prsk87:
                        what does MetallicA use live?i saw them in chicago and that distortion was the best
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok for one , untill you own one dont talk about them . 2nd , metallica scoopes the crap out of theyre sound and dials they'res completly different. 3rd the ones they use is a vh4 , not the almighty herbert which i own and i will put my herbert against any amp and will destory it and i even own the new 1.4 verson of it and it is the updated version with better mids and warmth. I have owned many many many amps including a mesa dual , and that thing i didnt like one bit but thats my two cents. Oh and one last thing about distortion . Most of your nu-metal bands play top of the line amps but dont dial them right at all and everyone on this board will always complain about bands tone like korn or slipknot , or even SOAD. ( and please forgive my spelling my keyboard is on its way out and the buttons dont work half the time )

[ August 19, 2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

[ August 19, 2003, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

whoops double post , sorry prsk87 i didnt understand your post at first but i do now , sorry . Does anyone know how to erase a previous post.

[ August 19, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

Nevermind

Comment

Working...
                              X