ART SGX 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ART SGX 2000

I had one that I sold to Jim Shine on these forums.... I didn't really have it long enough to get any good patches though maybe Jim has some
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

ART SGX 2000

Is any one still using one of these out there? or used one in the past?
    I have an early one. I'm always looking for new patches or programs. Any input would be greatly apreciated. What do you think of ART products?

Comment

Re: ART SGX 2000

I had one - hated it. If you dig it, that's cool... but I never heard anything with so many options that I couldn't get a decent tone out of.

Pete

Comment

hahahaha well i had it and i loved it(had the x15 floor pedal to go with it)

the stuff you could do with your tone was silly [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

crystal clear cleans to alive sounding, fat paint stripping monster lead tone

has a valve in it but strangly the best distortion uses the Art solid state power plant.

tone is funny mate,lots here will say you need valve amps,and others solid state.its another purist thing?but i know plenty of sh1t hot guys who use digitaly modeled amps for live work and cybertwins/podpro's/jstation for session work.
        but one thing you can not beat the smell of a valve amp being worked hard [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm getting a pretty good sound out of my setup I too have the X-15 foot controler which is great for turning effects on and off and getting real time control especially on the delay and chorus.
          I have an ADA run through it as well which makes things quite interesting. I can get the straight ADA sound bypassing the ART, ADA & second stage parametric EQ in the ART (no effects),ADA and ART with effects, and ART with the ADA bypassed.
          It took quite a bit of level matching to do this properly so there was no drop or increase in volume except where you wanted it.
          My favorite configuration is the ADA just using the second stage EQ in the ART with little or no effects.
          Thanks for your responses would still like to hear from more if possible.
          just a note....... there is still a difference in tone from my blank setting on the ART as opposed to bypass mode. This means I can get about 5 variations out of one ADA preset. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought Tetsuo's a month or two ago as a backup to the 2000 Express I have had since new (I bought it in '96). However, the older unit did not have the same sound quality as the newer model. I decided to sell it and learned from many fans of these processors that the final version (it has a plain black face with gray and white lettering, no graphics) has the best sound quality of all the different versions.

Getting back to the processor. I have used mine regularly since I bought it. I love it. There is no other piece of gear I have that I have owned as long. To be honest, I created and tweaked maybe 5 presets that I use regularly, and they took lots of tweaking to get right to work with my amp. I used those preset parameter sheets to record them just in case.

I believe that a blank preset is only different to the bypass in that the frontal analog EQ still functions.

[ August 28, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Working...
            X