NEED ADVICE QUICK...PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED ADVICE QUICK...PLEASE HELP

I WANT TO TRY EMG'S IN A GUITAR THAT GMW IS DONE WITH. WHAT DOES EVERYONE PREFER FOR THE BRIDGE PICKUP AN 81 OR 85? I WANT A WARM RYTHEM TONE WITH A SINGING LEAD TONE AS WELL. I HAVE NEVER TRIED EMG'S BEFORE SO GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS. I NEED TO LET LEE GARVER KNOW BY TOMORROW WHAT PICKUP TO GO WITH. I HAVE HEARD THAT A LOT OF YOU LOVE THE 85 IN THE BRIDGE BUT HOW IS THE LEAD VOICING COMPARED TO AN 81?

Re: NEED ADVICE QUICK...PLEASE HELP

Typically EMG 81's are he Metal bridge... the 85 is the neck
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Either one is fine, just depends on what kind of sound you want. If you want the warmest sound you can get, with smoother leads, and a tad more "vintage" in there, the 85 would probably suit you better. If you want crisp, brighter, hotter sound with more screaming hard-edged leads, the 81 would probably be your better choice.

Stu

Comment

Yep, EMG's are some of the CRISPEST pickups your going to use, instead of pushing your preamp hard to give you more gain, its gonna send a nice clean signal to your amp and all the gain will be provided by the amp, not the guitar, leaving a nice crystal clear signal, even in OD mode.

Atleast thats my experience with my EMG's.

Comment

Working...
        X