Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so I tryed that marshall mode four out

Ron, you forgot "tried". [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

The older original Marshall Valvestates kicked ass! The newer ones seem kind of lame. I've got a '92 8240 (2x12 stereo chorus combo) that I bought brand new back in the day, and it's still sounding great and going strong!!

[ August 27, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Its for the lil kids who wanna play SUM 41 and have rich parents."

I guess that makes the rhythm guitarist from Shadows Fall a little kid who wants to play Sum 41 and has rich parents huh. Nothing wrong with Sum 41....

Comment

"Its" is the posessive form of "it".
        "It's" is a contraction of the words "it" and "is.

"It's best feature" would be the same as saying:

"It is best feature"

Which is improper.

In the sentence, "its best feature", the usage was correct.

Stu, Grammar & Punctuation Police [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Stu is correct, as was Ron! You just got schooled, Tekky. How 'bout them apples? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I stand corrected.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

A common misconception, I'm afraid.

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What is this English class [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave, I wasn't trying to defend the Mode 4...I've in fact never played a Marshall that I liked. I was defending Sum 41 however. If you want to split hairs, Dave Baskh from Sum 41 uses a Soldano SLO 100 and a Marshall DSL 100 along with a Mode 4, and Deryk Whimbish uses a DSL 100, so that is one Mode 4 in the mix of 4 amps.

Comment

True. However there must be something familiar about the tone they get on the recording and what they find in the Mode 4. Then again the Mode 4 may sound nothing like their albums. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      "Its for the lil kids who wanna play SUM 41 and have rich parents."

I guess that makes the rhythm guitarist from Shadows Fall a little kid who wants to play Sum 41 and has rich parents huh. Nothing wrong with Sum 41....
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Sum 41 aren’t exactly known for their "good tone" and the one thing I don't like about Shadows fall is their tone, so your comment kinda supports the majority that the Mode 4 sucks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Well that saves me a trip to check it out.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                        I'd have to disagree with you there; I had one of those once and it's best feature was that it looked like a little
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its best feature [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I almost bought an 8040 at a pawn shop...
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't there be an apostrophe there because it is showing ownership? It is a pro-noun and the feature is what it is owning. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

As in: Ron's best feature is the ability to admit if he's wrong.

[ August 27, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't even think the Mode 4 was out when the last Shadows Fall album came out, was it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I played a mode 4, it seems okay. . . but definatly not worth 1200$ You could get 2 peavey 5150s for that used!!!

I have a triple rectifier, and mine, to me sounds wonderful. I know alot of people do not like them, and I have heard better amps, but mine suits my playing and is good for me.
                            I also have a Marshall 8040, and it cranks for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                              Hey Steve, Did you try that Mode 4 at Wentworths, when I bought your guitar there, thats what i played it through, and its just a peice of crap, its so tinny and not much gain at all.... 300 watts my A$s, try 30 its amrketing scam to waste my money and yours, the only reason they sell is beacuse some guitarist from a band named after a soap bar SOAD plays it. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Guitar is great steve [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah I tryed it from there , still set up in the same place from when you played it as well lol ! I was just curious and man did it suck there was like one good setting on it and even that sounded just a bit better than the valvestate , I am sure they sound decent at live levels but for any kinda low levels they suck ! like come on marshall give a little headroom lol , oh wait thats their trademark not enough lol ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                                Dave, I wasn't trying to defend the Mode 4...I've in fact never played a Marshall that I liked. I was defending Sum 41 however. If you want to split hairs, Dave Baskh from Sum 41 uses a Soldano SLO 100 and a Marshall DSL 100 along with a Mode 4, and Deryk Whimbish uses a DSL 100, so that is one Mode 4 in the mix of 4 amps.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well I'll never try those amps out now ! ............ Just kidding . //Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X