soundclips needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soundclips needed

can anyone help me to some soundclips of the engl powerball (clean and high gain distortion) and the h&k triamp?

maybe some good alternatives to those? I want to stay away from the 5150 since everybody and his mom are using those lately...

Re: soundclips needed

Get the powerball. Its not talked about much on this forum but it is a killer amp.4 channels clean , crunch, lo gain , hi gain. I run mine thru a mesa 4-12 recto cab and it blows away my former mesa rectifier. There are a ton of clips on harmony central and they talk about the powerball more then any other amp. You will get a LOT of info there.

Comment

I just re read your post and I will say that I also used to have a 5150 and it might be cheaper but to me it was just a noise box. The powerball has a noise gate on the back and you can eliminate all buzzing and noises with it. I think between the noise gate and the emg's I've got in the guitar I don't hear any noise when I stop playing. The only other amp I would have got is the Bogner Uberschall but it was a lot more money and basically had 1 sound but it excelled at that 1 sound.

Comment

I have been watching this thread because I have a Powerball coming and know next to nothing about it other than it's great and versatile, etc.

I'm gonna go look for those links now...

Comment

Savage dummy, NOT Powerball..Savage!

Hmm...I'm hoping it does more than I'm hearing so far...

Comment

got tired of spending tons on rackgear and the sounds I use nowadays I can tweak out of a head just as well. and if the amp is versatile enough I could save me a lot over a longer period...

Comment

what the chuck the powerball is versatile so you have half the battle won. I heard the savage has less gain and less bottom then the powerball I think you will like it Chuck

Comment

think I'm going for the powerball, since it's cheaper than a triamp and got a noisegate built in [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

about 1500-1600€ here in Hellgium...

Comment

Here are some clips I found on HC:

ENGL Savage 120:

Clip 1
                  Clip 2

ENGL Powerball:

Clip 1
                  Clip 2
                  Clip 3 (Cool Iron Maiden Clip)

Comment

Very cool, Thank You Monk!

Comment

cool idd, thnx man! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

judging from those clips I'ds get a powerball hands down. Clips are tough to make a choice but the 2nd powerball clip is 1 sound thats close.those savage clips were bad but derekb has a good 1 of him playing master of puppets I think on hc. it sounds better but still the powerball is a better amp to me.good luck I went thru a lot of amps before settling but my last amp before the engl was a mesa if thats any help.

Comment

That's a good prop for the Savage for me then. I don't need to get that brutal and all. I'm fairly old school and will be forever using the SLO as my tonal benchmark. To me, an amp has to get that or damn close, then the other things it can do are gravy.
                          I've been listening to the Roccaforte High Gain 100 clips today, and that has to be my holy grail tone right there. Damn that thing sounds good!

Comment

Wow, glad I heard those Powerball clips... I almost wanted one. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Althought I'd heard Jack Frosts powerballs, and wasn't impressed either. I just figured he was inept at dialing them.

Good classic metal tones though really. Not qiute my gig currently though. That Iron maiden one had some nice tone to it though for sure.

Now, we need some of those SLO 100 clips! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a bunch of Engl clips on my site you can check out. www.rocksolidamps.com

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X