A really great deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really great deal.

I have been looking for my first amp, and cost was not truly an issue, but, like anyone just learning, you dont feel the need to spend a million bucks for your current needs.

Well, I found my amp. GC, (of all places) is blowing out all the V series crates, all tube, class A with onboard dsp effects. The model I purchased, the vfx5112 was $389!! (list was like a grand, not that that means squat)

The vfx512 for $449!! I opted for the single 12"
    as I thought it sounded better.

I would usually not plug a store like GC, but it is truly a wonderful all tube Amp, built in the USA (St. Louis Music co.), and a steal of a price.

The sound is wonderful. Awesome clean and distortion, very good effects as far as my newbie ear can tell.

The reason they are blowing them out is because the Crate name was not allowed to be put on the front of the amp (only in small letters on the back) until the newer run came out this month. Apprently it was a good deal as a few of the salesholes there had grabbed one for themselves.

Anyway, I finally feel like I got what I wanted, and spent very few dollars to get it. I was this close... to buying the fender cyber deluxe, and really had not considered tube as I wanted some effects to toy with, so this was a wonderful surprise to say the least.

Bottom line, to me, looks like a great deal, and apparently I am not the only one as the shop here in Tampa had sold 7 today alone.

Sorry to ramble on, and I hope this was helpful to someone .
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: A really great deal.

Which GC? i just posted a hot deal i got in the off topic forum at the connecticut GC

Comment

GC Tampa.

On Hillsborough Avenue.

Unreal deal. (maybe thats a little over the top [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

actually at the one up here there were a bunch of deals on crate amps, but i don't recall seeing anything that caught my eye, like the one you got, heh.

Comment

Yeah, I am pretty thrilled. Not so much about the $$$'s, but I really found a great amp for me.

New in the box, at a great price.

Go figure.
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

they were blowing out line 6 duoverbs for $499 at the totowa guitar center.

Comment

Originally posted by data187:
              they were blowing out line 6 duoverbs for $499 at the totowa guitar center.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

WOW!! I want in on that - I'll have to check and see if they have any left here in Minneapolis!

Comment

Good score man! I grabbed a VFX5212 for $449 brand new in a box!!! They were selling them for $879 normally. The cheapest I found it was $679 online. It really is a very underrated amp, great cleans and nice distortion too. The effects are pretty good also. The only thing I wish it had is midi controllable effects, but for an all tube 2x12 with built in DSP effects, $449 was a great deal for me.

I believe it was a one day Labor Day only thing they were offering.

Comment

Working...
                X