VHT PITBULL 100/CLX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT PITBULL 100/CLX

Has anyone tried this amp, or has it? i am looking for a tight distortion with good low end....(ps i need more distortion than a marhsall..will this cut it?) thanks forany help
    -K

Re: VHT PITBULL 100/CLX

Lmao a VHT with definetly crush a marshall for distortion , the CL or CLX 100 are great amps . Very high gain , you can almost get death metal with it if you set the amp just right and if you have the EQ , in my opinion the EQ is a must have but you can still get great sounds out of it with out it.

Comment

I've played through a couple of CLs, and I thought they were very good amps - nice and crunchy, with a good, tight bottom end and a nice top, too. They don't have that searing, "white-hot" Recto distortion tone - it's a little more rounded - but it's a very cool tone. I don't know what the difference between the CL and CLX are, tonally, but I really like the CL, and the CLX just looks like a 3-channel version.

YMMV. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I have a CL100 and that thing kicks ass. No graphic EQ on it and it sounds awesome. Sounds better than my 5150, Soldano HR50 and my dual rect rackmount. If only they made it in a rackmount version [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

I have a 1993 VHT Pittbull CLX-100 Combo with 2-12 inch Celetion Lead 80`s and it has the EQ, but not Reverb. The CL has the Reverb, that is the only difference, except in the early models like mine, you either got Reverb or a Depth knob, i
          have the depth knob that God, great feature. I think the latter ones you could get both. My buddy has the same amp as mine except it is a 1992 CL-100 with reverb, but no depth knob. You can`t get the Combo CLX-100 anymore, but go for the Head version, and deffiantely get the EQ, it makes alot of difference. I run mine by itself, only with a Madison 4x12, or both together. I can get a really good scooped sound out of her, especially with the Madison by itself. Remember they have 3 channels and Gain Stacking features, great feature in my book!! Also, it has a 50/100 watt feature and 3 ohm settings and an awsome effects loop and a really tough foot pedal, the amp itself is heavy as all get out. I can`t compare it to a VHT Ultra Lead or a Mesa B. Dual Rectifier, but I like what I hear, great amp for older Slayer and Metallica stuff or the clean can be Country clean, very versitile amp, but they are expensive, maybe go the Ebay route as I did. You will probably get one for a great price considering the economy, i paid very good money for mine a couple of years ago. If you want pictures of my Rig, email me at [email protected] Regards-Jack.

Comment

Ok, maybe I am wrong, maybe the Graphic EQ or not is the difference between the Cl-100 or CLX-100, Hmmmmmmmmm [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

The CLX 100 is almost the same amp (preamp is the same, power amp section is different) as the UL... the only difference is that the CLX uses EL34s whereas the UL uses KT88s. If you play metal get the UL... if you play hard to classic rock get the CLX. Both are great amps.

The CL only has 2 channels (low gain/high gain)... the CLX has 3 channels (clean, rhythm, lead).

Comment

Dude, beleive me my VHT CLX-100 does Metal and Speed Metal very well, especially with the EL34 Big Bottle tubes and a Madison 4x12, very aggressive amp and very tight, but I still want to try an amp with the KT88`s in it, like the VHT UL and Mesa Rectifier. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X