POD XT or Duoverb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD XT or Duoverb ?

which one has better sounding amp models?

i'm particularly interested in the recto, slo, and tweed models.

does the pod xt have a delay when you switch from patch to patch?

thanks.

Re: POD XT or Duoverb ?

duoverbs are being liquidated all over the place at 499 (v2 is coming).. can't really go wrong

Comment

the recto in the xt sounds like 10 pounds of ass.
      slo is useable, but not enough gain, have to put a tube screamer in front of it which is goofy.

xt = not a good choice for high gain amps.
      pod 2.x = smoking high gain.
      vetta = uber smoking high gain.

Dave

Comment

I would have to agree with Dave. I don't know why the XT does not sound better. It should be the same amp modeling as the Vetta. The new Vetta software comming out has a a**load of new high gain amps in it. I would look there first for high gain ( if that is what you are wanting ). Buy as Vetta I and use the free software upgrade to get the new models. Shops are blowing out the Vetta I, don't know why, it the 99% the same amp as the Vetta II.

Comment

I've got a Duoverb on the way - it should get here this week. Guitar Center in Chicago had a couple left after the Labor Day sale, so I called them and it's on the way. I'll give a little review when it gets here.

The only Line 6 amp I don't really have any experience with is the Vetta, and I haven't used the POD XT either. But I have used/owned all the rest. Keep in mind the Duoverb is a stand-alone amp, and the PODs are not, so you have to think in terms of the limitations there - what are you planning on running it along with?

Comment

thanks for all the input guys!!!

i've had some experience with line 6 products.

i had an original pod which sounded great thru headphones but would feed back like crazy thru an amp.

i sold that and bought an ax2-212 w/ the long floor board. that amp had really good sounding models, but it had a delay when switching patches. it also made all my guitars sound the same, whether it was a jackson or a prs.

i also tried a buddy's flextone 2, which sounded very thin to me at band volumes.

i heard good things about the pod xt, so that has raised my interest.

however, a duoverb is only $499 at my guitar center so a pod xt w/ floorboard would be the same price as a duoverb.

i actually tried the duoverb at the guitar center, which i thought sounded pretty good. too bad the duoverb doesn;t have any high gain models except for the slo and the recto. they didn't have a pod xt setup for me to try.

i actually really like the hd147 with the high gain models the best, but that is $1299 which is out of my budget. the uber model is insane!!!

Comment

Working...
            X