wireless? VHF of UHF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless? VHF of UHF?

I am in between buying a samson TD concert which is VHF!

Any experience on the product!

Would i be better of buying an UHF unit for 2 or 3 times the price of a VHF?

Is it good?
    Usable?

Pro's and Con's, please! ;D

Re: wireless? VHF of UHF?

well the UHF band is less cluttered so there will be less chance of interference.. if you wanted to use one pretty professionally (gigging at venues etc.) then you'd be better off with a UHF.. but for practice and gigging once in a while you could make do with a VHF..

Comment

I've been using a Shure LX, VHF unit for 6 years (I had a VHF Nady for 10 years before that). I've never had any problems anywhere from North Carolina to New York, with *many* stops inbetween. I've heard the argument that the UHF band is less cluttered, etc. but in practical experience, a good VHF system is fine.

Also, keep in mid that the FCC has mandated that within the next 2-3 years all broadcast stations must broadcast in HDTV. All of those new HD signals are going to be broadcast on the UHF bands, so UHF is about to get cluttered as well.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I've got the samson unit (wel, not the true diversity one, but the normal) and I like it.
        never had problems with me sound or a lacking signal...
        I don't gig bigger venues, but for usual needs it should be fine.
        the TD is supposed to be even better.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Where did you and your band play in North Carolina, Matt? If you're coming back soon I'll come see you guys tear it up.

Comment

Boxcar-

We've played Raliegh, Greensboro, Atlantic Beach and New Bern. We don't have anything schduled down that way right now, but once we do I'll let you know.
            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Suite! Vendetta Red played in Raliegh the other night, but I had to miss it due to scheduling conflicts... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn Matt...I am only like 15 miles away from New Bern and Atlantic Beach.....used to hang out at Bucks lol....

Cool beans...you'll have to post when you will be here....

Comment

Oh, yeah, Matt and I remember playing at Bucks. How could we possibly forget Buck telling us about "him and his old lady gettin' nekkid and rolling around in the club with a bottle of Wesson oil"?

I mean, you saw the place, could YOU shake that visual? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

We did have some fun down there, and at the Twilight Zone - when it wasn't 200 degrees in there!

Mike
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Okey a little sanity/financial check!

Am i better of buying a 3 year old samson for 200$ or new shure UHF for 400$

Oh and what is a big venue? A soccer stadion? A basketball stadion? A hockey ring?

The samson is rack mountes, in perfect condition and has 2 antennas

Comment

I have a 2 year old Nady 802 UHF Platinum that i'll sell for $200 + shipping.. I only used it once or twice so its in perfect condition and I think it goes for like $330 new.. I'm kind of screwing myself but its just been sitting around all this time so if you want it let me know.. or if you wanna know more about it you can shoot me an e-mail [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

For me a big venue is anything with more than 16 tables and 8 bar stools!

Comment

He he heh... Yer playing pretty fancy places if they got a table or two! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

So it is samson TD concert!

TD means true diversity, right?

What does True diversity mean?

Comment

it eliminates audio drop outs in bad RF conditions..

Comment

Working...
                              X