wireless? VHF of UHF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wireless? VHF of UHF?

True Diversity is a term coined years ago by John Nady to describe a wireless system that has two complete independent receivers housed in a single unit. The unit switches back and forth between the receivers depending on which is currently receiving a stronger signal. IMHO (once upon a time I worked an an engineer designing RF systems) True Diversity is a waste of money for the vast majority of musicians.

If you're really worried about RF interference look for a system that's frequency agile (i.e., one that at least automatically tests channels and selects the cleanest one(s) when it's switched on; or better yet, a true spread spectrum system). FWIW, I've used a cheap-ass Nady guitar system (not True Diversity, not frequency agile, not spread spectrum) for years with no problems at all. My company has used Shure's frequency-agile systems for recording seminars in a number of environments. We've done many, many hours with these and have never experienced intereference of any sort.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yes the higher priced units will sound better and you wont loose tone from a bad reciever.
      For the money the Sennheiser EW172 is the shiznit.
      It has over a thousand selectable frequencies that you can select. So if some one else had the same frquency in the band or on of the other bands and he doesnt turn it off or something you can change yours. I've sold quite a few of these and necer had one come back. Metal case on both the Reciever and the transmitter. Sliding control cover on the transmitter to protect your switches and stuff. Digital tracking of the frequency so it locks in better. Mute switch on the body pack,
      And a digital read out on the whole system.
      They sound the best in the 500.00 and under price range with the options mentioned.
      They typicaly sell for about 450.00 US but theres room to move.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
        Yes the higher priced units will sound better and you wont loose tone
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lose

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X