Soldano problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano problem

ok my soldano sp-77 has a problem with the clean channel, Iv only just got myself a new footswitch and when I changed to channel I didnt get any sound. I turned everything up and I get a slight and kinda weird clean tone. Any ideas I dont think its the tubes cos the drive channel is fine... Im going to consult a tech book tomorrow but for now I would like your input

cheers

Rar!

Re: Soldano problem

Did the clean channel work before the new footswitch? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Iv never had a footswitch [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Rar!

Comment

On my SP77 the clean channel is much quieter than the lead channel with the volumes all equally adjusted. Are you getting no sound even turned up all the way on the clean?
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

its not a volume problem. with all the pots turned to max I can just hear what Im playing but its not any natural guitar tone, its weird it just sounds f*cked

RaR!

Comment

I believe that the clean channel is a different tube than the dirty channels tube on that preamp. So, it actually could be the clean channel tube that has failed. Move some tubes around and see if things change. Or, if you have a good 12ax7 around, swap it one by one with the tubes in the preamp till you get a sound out of the clean channel.

Comment

ok Ill try that

Rar!

Comment

Working...
              X