Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes I just have to laugh...my Line 6 Duoverb from GC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sometimes I just have to laugh...my Line 6 Duoverb from GC...

Thanks, Gil. I appreciate the thought. If I accidentally shop at GC again, I'll keep decent employees like you in mind. I know there are a few decent folks at GC, I just wish I had met a few of them. Now the "rest of the story"...

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] When I called the one in Minneapolis asking if there were any Duoverbs left anywhere, he told me about the amps in Chicago and pretty much said I was on my own - he didn't even offer up the scenario you alluded to -- but don't think I didn't think of that too...

I did call the Chicago store Friday and asked to talk to the store manager. They of course wouldn't get me him - some other dude says "he'll just hand it down to me anyway". So I explained to him the whole deal and he said he'd take care of me. 30 minutes later I get a call from the guy I bought it from pretty much telling me I'm s**t out of luck. Thanks alot...great big help there...

So I guess that's how I'm being treated even though I've bought thou$ands of dollar worth of gear from them over the past 10 years. Needless to say, I won't be spending my money there any more. I've gotten the screws put to me there more times than I can remember by some really unscrupulous salespeople, and they knew it, and they probably laughed about it after I left. I'm through.

This was a very simple sale. The Customer Service ball was DROPPED. Plain & simple. It cost them a lifetime customer. This could have been avoided quite simply. I see people bending "policies" every day, and as far as I'm concerned, this was fairly justified - all it would have taken is ONE person who gave a damn about the customers and to tak ONE extra step to help someone out. The market is too competitive out there with the internet and all. Hell, if I want a used amp, I'll just buy it off ebay. Cheaper. Less headaches. I got better customer service buying a couple effects pedals from Zzounds on Friday -- they even shipped well after the shipping deadline for the day! One call, one sale, on happy customer! These pedals were available at GC - priced the same, no waiting. I'll wait and spend my money elsewhere. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

The thing about guitar center is you gotta form some type of relationship with one guy, and always buy from him no matter how big or how small, and then he'll always take care of you. Then you get to know the others aswell and they tend to be cool with you.

I've done that for awhile now and my guy at my GC just happens to be one of the top notch store managers so he takes care of me all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        Ok, you got a floormodel $1800 (list) amp for $500 and you're complaining that it was a store demo? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You.Get.What.You.Pay.For.

Newc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc, that's really not the point. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I made it perfectly clear that I'm still happy with the amp, but it was misrepresented, and if I was getting a floor model, they should have told me and maybe made SOME effort to clean it up. Anyone else that wants to buy one for $499 can too (I didn't get anything special that anyone else can't), and they can probably get one in a box! That said, this is NO $1800 amp. It's a good deal at $500, but after playing it, I wouldn't pay a whole lot more for it - certainly not the normal $1000 asking price on them. I wouldn't pay that for the Flextone III either.

The other issues are also contributing, but the thing that really set me off is when I walk into a store that wasn't gonna have any more, and see one sitting on the sales floor the day mine arrives after having to have it shipped, and paying all the extra tax + shipping. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] That's the real issue. The rest is just icing on the cake.

I know I got a deal - you didn't have to point that out to me. But thanks. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
          The thing about guitar center is you gotta form some type of relationship with one guy, and always buy from him no matter how big or how small, and then he'll always take care of you. Then you get to know the others aswell and they tend to be cool with you.

I've done that for awhile now and my guy at my GC just happens to be one of the top notch store managers so he takes care of me all the time.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah - I agree. Both the guys I used to deal with have quit (you should hear the stories...), so my "deal guys" aren't around anymore, and I really haven't warmed up to anyone since they left.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
            Both the guys I used to deal with have quit (you should hear the stories...)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's hear em! (Separate thread)

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by chris_olson:
              Both the guys I used to deal with have quit (you should hear the stories...)
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's hear em! (Separate thread)

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's alot more fun when they tell 'em. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nothing really that special - the usual disgruntled salesmen stuff -- not selling what people really want, things they HAD to push, unreachable sales goals, they just became very disillusioned with the whole thing.

Comment

I will not buy from Musician's Friendless/GC. Anyone use Woodwind and Brasswind? I have never had a problem from them.

Comment

Ok, you got a floormodel $1800 (list) amp for $500 and you're complaining that it was a store demo? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You.Get.What.You.Pay.For.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X