What are some good headphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some good headphones?

I'm not looking to break the bank, but what are some decent headphones for around $50.00? I ordered a J Station and would like some headphones for late night jammin without waking up my wife and daughter. Thanks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: What are some good headphones?

Funny, I just bought a j station and got a pair of headphones for the same reason! I got a pair of KOSS UR-15C from K-Mart for about 29 bucks and they are great sounding! I know there are better ones out there but for the money I love these.
    Mark
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well, dollar for dollar the j station is the best buy. I tried both and just couldn't see paying the extra for the pod. Although it depends on what end of the financial spectrum you're on....the pod does sound a little better but not $300.00 better!!!

Comment

Got a link to the J-station?
        I'm looking for something small to take camping
        or to the backyard.
        Finn

Comment

http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm

Comment

i was going to pick up a j station this weekend.
            i heard they sound better than the pod v1 and v2.
            they got them for $85 at my GC.

let me know what you guys think of the j station...

Thanks!!!

Comment

Well I have only had it 1 night and messed with it for about 45 minutes. So far it seems pretty cool and the price is hard to beat especially when a POD XT is $300.00 more. The good thing with Guitar Center is if you don't like it just return it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Grado SR60. ~$60 or under

http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr60.htm

game over

[ September 13, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                  Well, dollar for dollar the j station is the best buy. I tried both and just couldn't see paying the extra for the pod. Although it depends on what end of the financial spectrum you're on....the pod does sound a little better but not $300.00 better!!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beg to differ. I am hardly financially set, I just saved my pennies a little longer because the POD XT is 1000 times more versatile then the J station( I hadn't bought a piece of sound equiptment in 10 years until I bought the XT [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Not cutting it down but you will never get the sound variables nor the quality of the XT out of the J station. Just my 2-cents

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have a J-station and a Pod Xt and honestly havent used the Johnson since I purchased the Xt.
                    The possibilities are near endless with the Xt and the sound quality and recording quality too me is worlds superior than any other modeler I have demoed or owned. The closest to the the Line6 Xt is the upper end Rocktron stuff. IMO.
                    The J-station is better than the Digitech and V-amp modelers definately and for the price I guess you cant go wrong. JMO.

Ric

Comment

Yeah. I'm not saying the J Station is better than the POD but for less than a hundred bucks it's hard to beat. If and when the POD XT comes down in price I might consider it. I had a POD 2.0 and so far I think the J station would hold it's own against it. Now the POD XT might be a different story but again it's 300.00 more. Hey, I thought I started this post asking about headphones. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

i went to guitar center to pick up a j station and a set of headphones this weekend.

i asked the salesman if they had any in stock, they told me that they just sold the last one but can order one for me for $150.

i was like what the f@#k? i saw it for $85 last week, to which he replies, that was a one day sale, this is a great product by a great company, blah, blah, blah.

he then tried to sell me a digitech genesis 3 which was also $150.

i was so fed up that i ended up getting nothing from them.

what a bunch of BS

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Try ordering it from Musicians Friend. They had them in stock last week when I ordered mine. It was $99.00.

Comment

Working...
                          X