Problems transcribing wah solos... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems transcribing wah solos... :(

Guys, I have no freaking clue why, but I cannot seem to hear what a guitar player is playing when the solo is recorded using a wah pedal. All the notes seem all slurred together, making it difficult for me to transcribe the notes. It seems much easier to hear the individual notes when no wah is applied.

Any wisdom to share and pass along? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Problems transcribing wah solos...

Yeah. What I do is try to transcribe it using a wah as well. It works for me...

Comment

Are you transcribing some Maiden? (off of DOD maybe)?

Comment

Or some Metallica? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't have a wah pedal yet. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I actually just listened to "Dance Of Death" for the first time about an hour ago. Dave used his wah pedal quite a lot. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I then proceeded to give the CD back to my bro, saying, "It's gonna be a while before I listen to THAT again."

Actually, I was trying to transcribe some Suidakra. I think I'll download some slowing-down program again, and try to listen to the solos slowly. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

As a fellow Maiden fan, I urge you to give it another shot. At its worst it gets as cheesy as Virtual XI, but at its best I'll put it on par with anything after 84

Comment

I think I've got "Brave New World" syndrome again. I remember when I first heard it, I thought it was the most boring, repetitious piece of crap I'd ever heard. I gave it a few more listens, and now "Brave New World" is one of my all time faves.

So, I guess I'll give "Dance Of Death" another few listens, and I'll probably end up loving it too. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X