• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you prefere

a VHT G-100-UL pitbull ultra lead head
    or
    VHT Valgulator gp3 with a vht two/ninety/two power amp

The valvulator and two ninety two cost about the same as the ultra lead pitbull head. Im looking for a good neo classical tone.

Re: Which would you prefere

I'm a rack guy. So, I'd like the rack stuff. More versatile by far.

But, I'm sure the head is pretty awesome too. Remember, with the rack stuff you'll have to include a road case and some MIDI controller to switch channels which add to the price.

Comment

The head. I can't stand rackmount stuff. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you can't tell, it's a matter of personal preference. They're probably capable of the exact same things, so it's just a matter of do you want to cart around a huge rack or a relatively compact, and much cooler looking, head. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll take the rack setup, because rack stuff is so easy to mix n match, add components to etc. Plus, since I'd have to have extra RACK gizmos to make the head sound anywhere near as cool as I'd want it to, that would mean I would be lugging around a heavy, oblong, awkward head PLUS a rack. I'd rather just go with the rack by itself, thanks.

Err, wait...I don't lug anything around, I just play at home, so that factor's irrelevant completely...geez...that leaves absolutely NO reason for me to want the head. Hmmm...just like in real life! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

if your a guitar - cable - amp guy get the head... if your the kinda guy who wants loads of FX and add external units get the rack set up

heads do look cooler to [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Rar!

Comment

Are you sure I need a midi controller to switch the channels on it? I read this in the product description "Channel switching as well as individual channel voicing enhancements are provided on the front panel via global function switches that can be operated manually and are also accessible through MIDI channel and controller number commands."

One thing that I dont know about is where I could adjust the Ohms rating. Ive read all about the gp3 and two/ninety/two and none of them mention anything about Ohms.

Comment

I have a VHT UL , and i love it to death , i run it in stereo with my diezel herbert.Get the head , its alot more easy.

Comment

I'm not a rack guy and I like simplicity so I'd opt for the head. Unless there's a radically different (or better, to your ears, anyways) tone in the preamp/poweramp setup.

Comment

Jesus boy, what do you do for work??!

Comment

Were you axin' me, Boxcar?

Comment

Nah I was talkin to Coldvayne...those are some expensive amps!!

Comment

Dont laugh at me but i actually drive a school bus here in palm desert ( right next to palm springs ) , i make $15.33 an hour and work 40 hours a week( plus if i do field trips i get payed time and a half )and i share a place with my friends and i only pay $475 a month for the house that we live in ( we split it equal 3 ways ), and for just my food , and i most of the time have around $1400 left over for whatever i want , and i just saved my money for a couple of months and bought my diezel and VHT , which i have had my VHT for about 9 or 10 months.

[ September 17, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

I won't laugh at you man, a paycheck is a paycheck...you have nicer gear than me. Just make sure to get an extra padded cusion for your seat so you don't end up with bus-driver ass when you're older!

Comment

lol , already doing that , i work out every night when i come home , just so i dont get out of shape like alot of people here are.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X