Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler: any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler: any good?

http://www.line6.com/productpage.asp?productID=41

Anyone every use one of these? I've never used Line 6 products. I know what most of you think of the PODs...I'm wondering about their effects. I read the Harmony Central reviews (the usual "it sucks...it's great!).

Looks like this pedal emulates various chorus, phaser and flanger pedals. And it's true bypass.

Re: Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler: any good?

Quick update here:

I did a buttload of research online since I posted here.

Line 6: A guy at Gelb Music nearby owns one and likes it a lot. Says the preset functionality is awesome. True bypass is a plus for me too! I could probably get it for $250 with power supply or even cheaper on ebay.

Fulltone Choral Flange: Recommened by Boston Guitar Works. Goes for around $265 new. Supposedly it's flat out killer but according to the manual, high output pickups like EMGs will overload it. So that's probably not an option for me. But it does offer true bypass or buffered switching depending if you're running it in stereo or with long chords.

TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger: Also highly recommended by Boston Guitar Works. Doesn't offer true bypass but has a trim pot for input level and apparently doesn't suck your signal. Gelb Music told me this might be the one for me since I have high output pickups.

Boss CH1/CE5: Most of the research points to the CH1 as being warmer, while the CE5 is wetter with eq controls. Price on either of these is about the same used or new.

Also, most of the knowledgeable music stores tell me to run a chorus in front of the amp, not thru the loop. Any suggestions here?

Comment

Working...
    X