Peavy Heritage VTX Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavy Heritage VTX Series

Anybody ever play with one of these? Early to mid 80's amp with 2 12" Scorpions, two channel w/ foot switch and a phaser effect?

Just wondering what the word was on these?

Brad

Re: Peavy Heritage VTX Series

My brother has the Heritage VTX head, which he bought used for dirt cheap. Definitely a good sounding amp for metal, although he has been experimenting with various overdrive/distortion pedals to give it a boost. I've owned a number of older Peavey combos over the years, and have generally had fine results with all of them. I think the VT/VTX models are great values.
    sigpic

Comment

I had one - 130 watts. LOUD amp. solid state preamp, tube power amp. I used it as a poweramp for a Mesa studio preamp for a few years... worked ok like that. The VTX by itself sounded like an ass hat. I see them time to time here for $150ish... which is about what they are worth, imo.

Pete

Comment

I had the same one as Pete when I was an early teenager. and I sold it because at that time it had way to many buttons for me to deal with, but it was loud, but I found the distortion wasn`t as powerfull as I liked, but it does have a ton of features. I bought mine for $100 used then, but it was gigged hard, but still worked right.The guy I bought it from used and sold his amps every 2-3 years, so it wasn`t old just well used [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X