practice PA system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practice PA system?

We are searching for a decently priced PA system that will be loud enough to be heard. Just for vocals only. I have no idea how vocal equipment works. Any suggetions? being heard in the mix with peavey 5150's is ideal. Not...sticking out really...just...you know..so we can hear ourselves sing while we play...that'd be nice.

Re: practice PA system?

300 watts powered mixer min,2 speakers with 15" and horn min and tripods,any 50watt power amp (you can even use a guitar or bass head) to power the 2 stage wedge monitors with 12" and horns. Shure SM58 mikes. Peavey and Carvin both make nice affordable systems.
    The Peavey SP-3 bins are really nice. So are their wedge monitors (very important). Nice monitors with a seperate amp are the key to hear yourself onstage or during practice.

Comment

how much would that run me in price?

Comment

http://www.mackie.com/products/srm450/index.html
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

My band just picked up some equipment. Each of us bought a different piece. One bought an Allen/Heath 16 channel mixer, one picked up a QSC power amp and I bought the JBL 15" speakers. This seemed to work out for the best. THe mixer was $800. power amp $850 and speakers and cables $650.

joe...

[ September 24, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Is 650 dollars a good price on that MAckie SRM monitor?

Comment

I want to clarify something with it too.

That has a built in amplifier in it right? So...If were smart..i'd need to get a mixing board? But If I'm not smart...I could just plug a Mic straight into it..and it would work?

Comment

They are each internally powered. Each has a mic-in and a mic-thru. Use individually or chain em together. If you need more than one mic, Mackie 1202's can be had cheap.

Shop around for price. GC tends to blow this stuff out during the big sales.
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

awesome...thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X