Crate blue voodoo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate blue voodoo....

just picked one up an a steal of a deal....

anyone have any ideas about these....how to make them kill???

Re: Crate blue voodoo....

I am pretty sure that in order to make one of those kill all you need to do is turn it on. That is a rippin amp.

Comment

it is a 120 watt amp...
      i got her for a little under $300.00
      now it doesnt have much bass gain like i want...so....how..........

maby needs new tubes??

Comment

BBE Sonic Maximizer...

Comment

Try rolling the Gain and Presence to each maybe 3 o'clock(like maybe "7"), then adding a good amount of lows, leave the mids at maybe 1 o'clock and the High at 3 o'clock. Try that sound out. Also what kind of cabinet are you playing into? My Blue Voodoo sounded way different on a Celestion GM-70 cabinet that a Mesa halfback.

Comment

im playing it threw a peavy 5150 strait cab...

i hate mids..no mids here

i want the zakk wylde tone and sound

Comment

5150 cabs and sheffield speakers are pretty middy sounding. I would suggest switching cabinets. The other thing you can do is get an EQ and scoop the crap out of it.

Comment

I used to run a BV120 with a BBE in the loop, maxed on gain, with a Korg AX1000G with its "Metal" (Metal Zone emulation) setting also maxed on gain, with the speaker sim going on it, too. Sounded pretty cool...as I had a VHT running the same way at the same time with it hehe. But, the BV has a nice, clear sound to it, that a lot of tube amps/heads lack, I really liked that. Only thing with my setup was, there was about ZERO versatility to it. But, if you want good 'n thrashy, that's one way to get it. EQ units can do wonders for ya too.

Stu

Comment

thanx--Stu

thanx everyone...your all great..

so does any one want a 5150 cab for trade??

Comment

I have a BV-60 head with a Celestion Vintage 30 loaded Voodoo 4-12. I recently replaced the Sovtek 5881 power tubes with Groove Tubes 5881's and better caps. I put some vintage Sylvania and Mullard pre amp tubes in too ease the harshness of the hi-gain.I also run a 7 band EQ in the loop and a Boss CE-2 chorus in front. I can get a great Randy/Zakk sound that rivals nearly any Marshall. Also if you play with the EQ and Gain you can get a great Megadeth and also Pantera sound. Add a good overdrive or Distortion pedal and you can get near brutal tones. The Blue Voodoo is a good amp that gets overlooked constantly and most of the bad rap is from guys that tried them briefly at their local GC. Most that own them love them and for the price are a great Value. I paid $700 for the head and two Celestion loaded 4-12's.

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
                      it is a 120 watt amp...
                      i got her for a little under $300.00
                      now it doesnt have much bass gain like i want...so....how..........

maby needs new tubes??
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great deal. I might look into a used head as well. Every time I step into GC I see it just begging for me to plug in, but I dont have the cash to pay retail.

Comment

Working...
                      X