Digital recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital recording

Im looking at picking up a digital recorder.
    Anyone have or try out the Korg PXR4, Fostex MR-8 or Zoom MRS.
    I want a cheap all in one job, I thought about doing it with my computer but it seems I have the AMD chip motherboard that conflics with recording sound cards.
    Thanks

Re: Digital recording

I have the MRS4 and it is excellent for a 4 track digital recorder and was really cheap. Upgrading your motherboard and processor isn't very expensive either.

Comment

Well im running a good working AMD T-Bird 800mhz with 256mb of pc133, and it does everything well except for record music.
      It would also be a pain to move the computer from room to room or to a friends house.
      Have you been able to transfer files to and from the zoom to your computer and what do you use for drum tracks?

Comment

I use a Boss DR550 MKII. Zoom does make a drum machine that attaches directly to the MRS4 and adds some additional features. It is really slick. I use Cakewalk Pro and I plug my MRS4 directly into the sound card. It works great.

Comment

ZOOM's recorders look a little better than their effects pedals, I bought a 506 about a year ago and it broke 15 minutes after I opened the box.
          Im going to give the mrs line a look.
          Thanks

Comment

I have the Zoom MRS-4 recorder also. The drum machine that attaches directly to the recorder is the MRT-3. Very nice drum sounds and very easy to program.
            The recorder and drum machine sync up flawlessly through a MIDI cable.

You can get the MRT-3 for about $100 and the MRS-4 for about $220. This makes for a very nice little digital studio. Both the recorder and the drum machine are well worth the money IMO.

DRH

Comment

Working...
            X