dont know much about this PA mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know much about this PA mixer

i was helping a friend move and he offered to sell me a mixer for $25. its an old Crate pa-600 6-channel mixer. on the back of it it reads 120vac 60Hz/300watts max. it has 2 stereo speaker jacks on the back ans they read 125watts@4ohms and 190 watts@2ohms, 2ohm minimum total load. its pretty simple to figure out how to use it, but i was wondering what type of speakers i should use with it. i would like to find an owners manual for it too, but have had no luck on the net. i can put up some pics of it later. i dont know much about pa systems and i want to know what all i can do with it. thanks for your help

Re: dont know much about this PA mixer

We used to use a similar head for small gigs(Peavey, 6 or 8 channel) and it sounded fine for vocals and a little guitar mixed in.

Now for the speakers. We used JVC's with 1-15 inch and a horn in each. They are great speakers for the money and can take a bit of power when you upgrade your PA system.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
    X