Mesa TriAxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa TriAxis

If you are looking for cleans then go Fender or Rivera. Mesa cleans are passable but they don't sparkle... Not even with the Triaxis to my ears anyway. You can get GREAT blues tones from the Bogner and the Soldano. The ADA has awesome cleans if that is your thing and you want a rack preamp. I think I summed it up before when I said that if you are looking for a 100 tones in one rack space then go with the Triaxis. I have done the programmable rack preamps and I always programmed like mad in the beginning when I got it and then always got down to 2 or 3 settings. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Then I eventually sold it and went for the real deal head package. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't really need an amp that can do much more than metal and clean. Not that I have anything against playing any other style, and I do play plenty of other styles of music myself, but I have a practice amp that I do that on, and it sounds fine to me. I am thinking about getting an ADA MP-1 for right now, since they are so cheap, and trying out a Voodu whenever I can freakin' find one to try out. Kirk Hamster matched the ADA MP-1 and the VHT 2150 on MOP and the Black album. Though that is not really the tone I am looking for, it's not a bad start.

Comment

I love the bogner uber for metal.But you tell me what else are you getting out of it besides metal tones.Not that there is anything wrong with that.Its just imo thats all its good for.The clean channel is ok,not the best but passable.I would say it is just good for one type of music.If that is all you are looking for it is second to none.The build quality is unreal.I have a friend that just bought one and loves it.He says the same thing as I do.JUST GOOD FOR ONE THING.

[ October 05, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: parntz145 ]

Comment

Working...
        X