delay pedal recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delay pedal recomendations

does it matter if its digital or analog delay? I"ll probably just go with the Boss DD-5 unless someone has a better idea.

Re: delay pedal recomendations

Both of them are different. Digital is a crisper, clearer, more accurate representation of what you played, and analog messes with what you originally played a little bit as it decays. It's really subjective...I prefer digital delay, because I mostly use delay for solos and clean stuff that needs atmosphere(think the Cure or something), so digital works best for me. If you're playing dub or rockabilly or something then you'd probably want analog though.

[ October 04, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Boxcar Willie 84 ]

Comment

I love my DD5, it really opened me up to a whole new world of possibilities while playing.

Comment

yeah..i'm planning to use it mainly as a lead type thing.

Comment

Use the DD-5 then, that is your best bet. But be sure to play with it some, you can do lots of really cool stuff with delay.

Comment

I've actually been thinking of getting a delay pedal lately, and the new Rocktron Short Timer Retro Digital Delay looks like it will work great for me, as I prefer shorter, more of a slapback, less obvious delay sound.
            Here's some info taken from their site: "The Level control on the Short Timer adjusts the overall volume of the delay effect. The Regeneration control adjusts the number of repetitions of delay effect. The Time control adjusts the length of delay and is used in conjunction with the Short/Shorter Switch. When the switch is out, (or in the Short position), the delay time in milliseconds is set between 200ms and 400ms. When the switch is in, (or in the Shorter position), the delay time in milliseconds is set between 0ms and 200ms. The actual delay time is then adjusted using the previously mentioned Time control."

http://www.rocktron.com/
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can't stand digital delay. Analog is OK, but tape delay is the $hit!

I've got a broken Roland 201 that's waiting for me to get off my butt and fix it. But damn did it sound good when it was working.

Comment

I like playing passages with a high delay setting, of maybe 3000ms+ and a medium effect level. At higher delay settings, while it sounds very unnatural, you can create some cool sounds by in essence playing along with yourself....

Comment

Working...
                X