Cleaned up my sound for $40!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaned up my sound for $40!!

I'm probably the only one who's gonna complain about them, but I bought a George L's kit to make small cables for my old pedalboard, and after a while, every single one of them broke. I want something more durable...Monster and Spectraflex from now on for me.

Comment

I treat my cables with respect. I've never had one break on me before. And I've used some major cheap ****.

I got some of my cables at Sam Goody...oh yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
        I'm probably the only one who's gonna complain about them, but I bought a George L's kit to make small cables for my old pedalboard, and after a while, every single one of them broke. I want something more durable...Monster and Spectraflex from now on for me.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No offense box, but you likely either didn't assemble em properly or abused em. I've used GLs for years with no problems in racks, as main guitar cables, etc... no problems at all.

Pete

Comment

I'm with Pete on that, I even use one as my 15 foot main guitar cable, and it does pretty well.

If they do get hurt, snip and re-attach and the show goes on in seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
            This last week I managed to improve my guitar sound vastly and take 90% of the noise out of my signal. How? I replaced my longest instrument cables with George L's. I bought them because I had heard that there was a difference, and when I got them home and tried them out, I noticed immediately how much better my guitar sound was. And that was at bedroom levels. I A/B'ed them with my old cables, and even my girlfriend could tell right away the difference. For the record before I was using cables in good condition that I picked up from a variety of sources, figuring one was as good as the next.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool man I'll have to try em , I use those spectraflex cables and they were the same thing clean things up a bit and a bit brighter than any other cables I've played , you could hear the difference as well too , but if ya ran things in a chain there wasn't a whole lot of difference , I am still waiting for a 20 foot one cause on the long end [20 foot] I am useing a gold tip rapco , and it dosn't compare to the spectraflex 15 foot //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
              If you run a lot of gain, the George Ls are VERY noticeable improvements. You won't be sorry as the hum and 60 cycles noise will be tremendously less..

If you play clean, it won't be as obvious.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey cleve how do they compare to the spectraflex stuff for highgain ? pretty similar or better ? //Steve

Comment

in order of quality in my opinion...

Regular Monster- Pretty good stuff, general use

Spectraflex- Better than good, fine for a main
                cable and durable.

George L My choice, seriously quiet at high gain, the best for the money+ and easy to repair, not as durable as the others, but not bad really.

Monster Studio Pro-1000 (wow even more quiet, very durable and really too expensive)

Comment

Do you guys use the George L Vintage Red cables or the regular George L cables? Are the vintage reds better?

Comment

Working...
                  X