Another EQ question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another EQ question?

So i bought myslef a TC electronics parametric EQ!
    Put it through an FX loop, just to try it out and done some twekaing. Interesting how do sound repsonse to it.
    Although i will try to get some theoretical tutorial first on how to improve your sound best with an EQ unit, other than just tweak it when i dont know what a single button doeas actually!
    I want to be prepaired as much as possible!

Just a quick question. i would jsut like to understand how the signal actually goes and if my theory is right.
    First the preamp then through an fx loop and then back to preamp and then next to , imy case rocktron, wich is connected through output of a preamp, and so on.
    Is that right?

I am interested, becuase i noticed that my Tc had a balanced out. So if in the middle of a gig, my tube on a mesa goes out, and with it a fuse.
    A short intermission is in order as far as the crowd is conserned and i would go through my Tc to PA. It is an alternative, and i hope i will not use it, but anyhow possible.

But in this setu i can sy bay to all my effects and in rocktron intellifex and signal processing through BBE, right?

Re: Another EQ question?

I'm a little confused by the question, but I think I get the drift. I'm just waking up so I'm a little off.

Although some preamps have cool effects loops. I prefer to run it all in series to the power amp.

Preamp>parametric>effects>poweramp

Side note: I'd also try other combinations. Particularly, with the EQ in the loop and then the preamp out through the effects and into the amp.

As you asked, yes, in an emergency, you could pull signal from the TC and out to the board sans effects.

Technically, the board will accept the out from the effects unit also. So you should be able to unplug fom the power amp and go right to board.

The balanced out from the TC would be a better signal for the board, or a $25 dolar DI box would give you the same type of balanced signal from the effects units also.

Comment

Working...
    X