Pedalboards: What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedalboards: What do you use?

Thanx Joe, i took the url back to carlmartinusa.com but it looks like they've changed their address and it isn't forwarding. That thing does look right up my alley and would be a great way of avoiding doing a tapdance before and after solos when using a few pedals.

Comment

No problem. I think it may be like $500 or $600, but I think it's worth it for grouping a bunch of pedals together.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use a Boss Pedalboard that holds 6 pedals along with the power supply (that looks like a boss pedal). My wah and volume pedals go on the outside of the board tho.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

you guys - nevermind. just remember that when you play live - everybody in the club payed to be entertained. so put on a good show and don't get caught all up doing the pedal dance in one place. that gets boaring quick.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My pedalboard is a piece of scrap pressboard I had laying around. I painted the top black with some left over spray paint, put that ridiculously strong heavy duty velcro on it, and put some self stick foam sheets on the bottom. To haul it around I use a Korg keyboard bag. For power I use the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2. This setup has worked great so far. The keyboard bag is really heavy duty and about the size of a guitar case. I can get all my cables, strings, slide, ebow, and other crap in it too.

It cost $20 for Velcro and foam sheets, $30 for the case at one of those GC blowout sales, and $150 for the pedal power.

I am thinking about getting a real board/case though. The Pedal Pad units at MF look cool. I don't want their power supply though - I'm very happy with the Voodoo Lab unit.

[ October 17, 2003, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: hippietim ]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Vic,

If that combinator thing is that much (600.00) You can get a ground control system for 200.00 more. I know its a lot of cash, but it's just like a Bradshaw system, I can change to my clean channel, turn off the hush, turn on the EQ, turn on the chorus, and then change back to the distorted channel, turn on the hush turn off the EQ and the chorus, and or turn on my Phaser, and delay or whatever I want , with ONE touch of a button.

Plus it has Midi control and a BIG ASS bright display. The combinator won't change your amp channels, I do know that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

That's right Rick, I forgot about channel switching too....never mind, I'll stick to just a wah, it's working fine. If Ozzy asks me to tour with him, I'll surely get Ground Control or Bradshaw system and let the roadies haul all my pedals and set them up for me!....lol...

Comment

I just picked up an SKB PS-100, it's a pedalboard and 3U rack all in one. it's totally cool! the supplied power leaves something to be desired. i'll have to add a power strip and some wall warts but still, the thing is neato. it's huge too with the cover on. i put my Rockmaster pre and a Yamaha SPX-90 in the rack part, and an ADL Switchbox, Boss tu-8 tuner, Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer, MXR Phase 90, MXR Smart Gate and the Peavey footswitch. and there's still more room surprisingly. which I may stick a Boss GE-7 on there to go in between the Rockmaster and power amp for volume boost during solos(flat EQ). I still have a homemade wooden one too. but I really wanted to put my preamp on the floor for easier access and shorter cable run before hitting the input. it's going to be tough squeezing this and a poweramp (inside an SKB 4U) and a 4X12 in my VW!

Comment

I saw the MKS PedalPad today in a guitar store. I was very impressed. It feels and looks very heavy and sturdy. The patch bay is very cool...it has ins/outs for 2 amps and loops. Now I gotta convince my wife I need one of these! It was on sale for $269 and the list price is around $299. I have seen them new on ebay for $245.

Comment

Working...
                    X