Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion 25's or 30's (which do you like and why)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celestion 25\'s or 30\'s (which do you like and why)

Try one before ya buy one John ...you know the drill.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We should haul our monsters to guitar center and scare the crap out of everyone...

and give those mesa cabs a test drive ...you know what I'm game I'll bring my Uber there tomorrow ...I want to see/hear this crap..

Wanna go??? ...let me know!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

the 75's to me are too "airy" sounding. and very brittle. maybe cause i'm a fan of tone and not hiss. i turn my presence off anyway. - the mesa EV's are very scooped, and have a lot of low end and a lot of hiss, the half back cabs are nice if you have a full stack with the bottom cab being 2 EV's and 2 90w Cel's and the top bieng 2 vin 30's and 2 90w cel's. since they pretty much have a sample of every kind of speaker hehheh, they do creat a nice wall of fairly even tones, but you need both cab's with those speaker options. but i prefer a recto cab with vin 30's, like a better voiced old marshall with the 25's or 30's. i've got the vertical recto 2x12 and absolutely love it. i've used it with several mesa's and a marshall plexi and it sounds better than any other cab's i've personally ever heard.

the cel 90's (mesa) are great in an open back cab. they really throw the sound, but in a closed back, bring on the flub. maybe i just hate the scooped sound that everyone seems to like. mid's are what the guitar puts out and what i like to hear. but ever since metallica put out "...and scooped sound for all" the heavy metal guitar sound has lost is way.

guitars should sound like IM's "peice of mind" IMO.
      sorry for the rant.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think I agree that the 75s have a brittle sound about them... I've been chasing that sound, and have it down to the 75s...

I see that MESA 30 watt celestion recto cab coming...

Comment

You don't notice that brittle sound till you are really loud... It seems to be there in that "hish" sound that we are always EQing out but can't without killing the edge.

And yes, I've used them at a show once, sounded cool I think. But, didn't really play with them for sound quality, just played.. Gotta get one and try it loud with the CAE3+se/VHT2150 rig...

Comment

Working...
          X