Roland VG8/VG88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland VG8/VG88

What's the difference if any between these two units.I can't find much on the 8 except an occaisional reference

Re: Roland VG8/VG88

http://www.vg-8.com/vg-systems

Essentially.. it's comparable to the sound modules and how Roland is always upgrading those products. The JV series went into the XV series with more sounds and expanded capacity.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The VG-8 was expanded with the S-1 upgrade and given more sounds (another bank) The exanded version was marketed with the S-1 already in as VG8-EX + more presets if I recall. You can get the older VG8's to expand for very little money.. there are guys who will do it for you for the cost of shipping or you can seek out help from players in your local area for the expansion. S-1 upgrades are usually noted with a sticker on the unit.

The VG-88 has a built in expression pedal, more expanded sounds, more polyphonic effects like brass sounds and a 1/4" direct plug for direct access to the amp/speaker modeling section.

I've heard the VG-88, while a improved system upon VG8, has had some issues with dependability which I'm not sure are hardware or software oriented. My thinking is it was software oriented as they have released the VG-88 V2 with upgraded software.

[ October 11, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Dude ]

Comment

Re: Roland VG8/VG88

Very accurate response. The VG-8 is the one to get. The VG-88 did have dependability issues with the expression pedal and a few software glitchs. The VG-8 accepts an expression pedal which is cool because sometimes a seperate one is more convienent on stage.

[ October 11, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: jgcable ]

Comment

Working...
      X