POD question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD question.

I have a question about the line 6 POD. The other guitarist in my band has a flextone II head/cab. I love the sound. BOTH of my amps went on me this week. ( great timing.. week before we start playing shows again.) I manage to borrow a friends amp for the time being until i figure out what to do.. anyways, my question is I still have two cabs layin around.. I am wondering if I can run a pod straight into the cab, or if I need something to power it. I suppose I could take one of the heads that time forgot, put it on clean and run it through, but I would rather just run the pod straight through the cab. I think I can get the tone we need from the pod, and its not too expensive... seems like a good idea?...

Re: POD question.

You need to amplify a POD for live use.

Comment

forgot to mention something. We tune to drop A. We sound like a combination of Dying Fetus and The Crown.. I will post some mp3's as soon as we re record our demo.. Anyways I need a super heavy brutal metal tone and I hit a lot of artificial harmonics.

Comment

You still need a power amp for the Pod regardless of the key you tune to. The best way to run it would be in the effects loop of an amp. Or if there is no amp available you can run the Pod straight into the PA. Just adjust the cabinet simulator for PA mix. Works great this way.
        Gil

Comment

WOW. I am almost done cleaning the **** out of my pants.. Just got off the phone with my better half.. I have a birthday coming up and she decided that for it, amongts.. other...things... she is going to take me amplification shopping. As far as my broken amps, I am going to take my warhead to get fixed and sell my other randall head/cab. (if anyone is interested let me know.)For the time being, I stole my roomate's crate halfstack and we eq'd the **** out of it. sounds good enough i guess. Thanks for any advice with the POD though. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by evolutionofvirtue:
            WOW. I am almost done cleaning the **** out of my pants..
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

TMI, dude! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Check out the 4th panel
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey nice name, wonder where you got it from. Hope thats not the name of your band, that would be kinda unethical if it were. Have'nt heard from you in a LONG time. Glad to see you found a new band, makes me real happy I worked so hard writing all that stuff.

Comment

Ruh roh!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X