Amp Trade - Opinions needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Trade - Opinions needed.

Hey guys. I need your help to decide which amp to trade. I have a Carvin SX200 and a peep offered me a Marshall valvestate 8100, and a friend of mine offered me a Carvin MTS series tube head. Which one should I pick? I've never really heard anything about those 8100's. Let me know what you think.

Re: Amp Trade - Opinions needed.

Are you kiddin?? Go for the MTS. They ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like it you can sell to to me.

Comment

I've had an MTS3200 for a little over a year now. It's been practiced with, gigged with, and I don't see it dying anytime soon. It sounds like a moded JCM 800. Very Slayer-ish. I'd go for that.

jgcable: If you're looking for an MTS3200, send me an email. I've acquired a couple of new amps the past few months and the MTS3200 is now redundant. I'm trying to get $300 + shipping for it, so if that sounds good get in touch.

Comment

$300 plus shipping is an awsome price!! Jack.

Comment

A lot of bands swear by the Marshal Valvestate 8100....Death used em, Glen from Eidolon uses em live, Andy Larocque uses/used them, Jensen from The Haunted still uses one as well as his 5150, and countless other early death metal bands used em too....So depending on what sound you're going for, that might be the ideal choice...

Comment

The problem with the 8100 is power. It has nice tone and tons of gain and is great for Pantera/Slayer type tones. The problem is that it isn't loud enough. It also lacks bottom. I used one live for about 3 months and it just got lost in the mix a little to easily. To compete with my bandmates Dual Rectifier on 4 I had to be turned up to 8. It really didn't get any louder past that number. The other crap thing about it is that it isn't a full size head. It is small and looks like crap on a normal sized 1/2 stack. Personally I would stay away from SS Marshall amps. It is probably the best Valvestate they ever made but that still isn't saying too much.I think it is also called the VS100. It has 1 12ax7a preamp tube and the rest is SS.

Comment

Working...
            X