5150 combo VS head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5150 combo VS head

What model BBE is best suited to a 5150 head??
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i was looking at 45-60 watt tube combos & the 5150's look like a great deal. then my friend tells me hes selling his 5150 head cheap. right now all i have is a Modded Randall 100watt tube head , a 4X12 & a 2X12 & a marshall 30 master lead that sounds OK but i want to get rid of everything & have one good practice/gig amp.

Comment

I have owned 1 5150 and i have to say from owning the head and playing the combo at a friends house many times , go with the head.

Comment

You are going to love it. I have the 1 x 12. It is a great modeling amp. Some of features that Crate offers that some of the others don't are an auto-wah and a really good acoustic simulator. Would I use it live? No, I have a great powerful live rig. Do I use it at home for practice/recording /lessons and small jams with my friends. Yes... It is perfect. Why cook your tubes on 1-1.5 at home and get wimp undersaturated sound that sounds like a$$ when you can go SS and have trouble free performance and all the effects you could really ask for for just a little cash.

Comment

My home playing heaven is my Boss GT6 through Powered M audio B5 monitors.

Ahhh.....

I can play at real controlled volumes with great sound.

My .02

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

i have a 5150combo and i use it for bedroom playing..i try atleast.....its too damn loud [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you guys all live in apartments ...I have two full stacks ran in stereo ...four 4 12 cabs , BBE and all .....in my bedroom for 15 years now!! my son is in my bedroom with his double kick Sonors....

We have a loud bedroom ....if I had a 5150 combo in here ...I wouldn't hear it ....well I'm a little deaf as well ...huh....I can't hear good?

"Well you don't have to use curse words there darling"....Elmer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ October 18, 2003, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns you ain't nothing but bad!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Dude,I have my Ludwigs and my Amp and 3 guitars, Loud is 1 thing I am. The 5150 was just to much for me. I used it for 1 gig and that's the only thing it did for me in 3 months. I just couldn't noodle at 10pm like I used to with my old fender amp I had before. Acorse I'm not a real guitar player, I'm a drummer and a singer. I don't know about the Crate though..............
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks Richard ...I could tell by touching your avatar ...your one of the "good ones" ....check my Bill Z Bub thread to know what I'm talking about .. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There's a clip of a 5150 I modded recorded at bedroom levels on my sound clip page. It's called bedroom levels, check it out. It sounds pretty good for such a low volume. Not buzzy like they are stock.
                        Jerry
                        FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X