ADA MP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1

The ADA MP-1 was (and is at least for me) a very good, and versatile preamp. I would like if anybody knows, What happened with it, that it's no longer on the market? Do the company broke, was bought by other company...? Could somebody tell me something?

Re: ADA MP-1

ADA has been history for a very long time.

I think the company went under almost 10 years ago..

It's too bad, I have an MP-1 and it's great for that 80ies shred sound.

Comment

That's what say, if it was so good why does it passed away? But someones that are living and well, and for sale, are hot items.

Comment

What's the hotest preamp now?

Comment

The ADA MP-1 was state of the art when it was introduced in `87. I've used several over the years but always have had to use some sort of EQ or a BBE unit to make it sound some what decent. The best setup I ever had with the MP-1 was this:

MP-1...into...an original green faced Furman PQ-3...into...an ART Multiverb III...into...a Marshall 800 series channel switching head(used power amp section only, pluged into return of FX loop)...an into a Marshall 800 4x12 loaded w/ Celestion 75's.

This was one of the best live rigs I had but I no longer use or have any of these pieces of gear anymore.
          I feel I have a much better sound now, but it's also an odd setup! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The company suffered a fire that destroyed the factory, and because of
            financial problems was not carrying insurance. They couldn't start over because all the money was invested in the factory and stock that burned.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I myself am a current ada mp-1 user. Did not like it so much to begin with, added a graphic eq and bbe later on. Still was not satisfied. Too 80's for my stomach. Did the mod#3 and pput the parametric TC in the FX loop.
              The baby burns like hell.

Like it for the sound and easy to use. Although it is old, it has this 128 channels, fully programable, which i can see it was a big breakthrough in the mid 80's.
              The best piece of equipment for the price.
              So if u ask me it's because they do not work them anymore that are so cheap, (or is that really an understatement?).

But i like it!
              HAve fun with it

Comment

For awhile it was hard to get them repaired, because you couldn't get schematics. Now at the ADA Depot you CAN get schematics, and there's even a list of places that will work on them, as well
                as the mods, including the #3 mod.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've got one (unmodded) and use a Digitech TSR-12 for EQ and effects with it. This combo allows a much wider range of tones from early Rock to current Metal (including using the built-in EQ and gain settings), so I don't see where adding any external EQ would give it a bad sound, unless you didn't spend enough time with the EQ dialing in a good not-so-80s sound.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I used to own one back in the '80s as well. Great for the '80s modded-Marshall metal tone. They also did release a MP-II and MP-I Classic, but I prefered the tone of the original.

Comment

killer preamp

a mate used one in his rig in the early 90's with a alesis verb..sweet tone

used to do a couple of white lion numbers(lil fighter/and a slow boring clean one i cant remember)and the tone was VERY close to vito

i used an SGX2000 with the X15 back in those days with similar tone.

i always keep my eye out for the Ada on ebay,and when i see one i will buy it

Comment

Working...
                      X