Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling my laney for a HD147

Ok guys,
    I think that I'll sell my gh50l and buy that cool lookin head.If you have something to tell me or saying that I should not do it speak now! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: selling my laney for a HD147

tell me how awesome it is once you get it.

I've never heard anythign bad about it. Except that its not the "real" thing. when your modelling so many badass amps though. I think "close" is good enough. I would probably consider getting one too...if I had 1400 dollars lieing around. But alas, I don't.

Comment

You will miss the balls of your Laney but you will love the HD.

Comment

i tried the hd at gc and it does an awesome uber sound. this is one of the best heads i've heard tube or digital. extremely loud and the models are pretty good. it might not have that tube feel but it sure makes up for it in versitility.

Comment

www.riksmusic.com sells the hd147 for $1050.00
          last time i checked.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Thank you guys,I really love my Laney,imo it has a great tone.But I don't like two things about it,noise and also cos it has just one channell.The hd147 in the other hand,seems to resolve these problems,no noise,and a lot of quality tone.Do you think I'm doing the right thing or shoul I get another tube head?The only thing I fear about the hd147 is the lack of that "in your face" sound...

[ October 19, 2003, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Mordor ]

Comment

I tried one too and though it did have tons of headroom and the tones was killer for a model amp. Cool package too. JG nailed it though. I would love to borrow it and jam with a drummer with it. That will tell the tale for sure. Let us know all about it when you get it.

Comment

I've had my HD147 for about 4 months now. I can't say enough about how awesome it is. My problem is that I tend to get bored quickly with what I'm using. What's cool about the HD147 is that ALL of the high gain models are usable. I get bored with one model and then move to another to find some cool new tones.

This head should keep me happy for quite a while.

Comment

is that what you're gigging with now, Troy?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Yessir! It's also what those songs on our website was recorded with. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

mh,since it's a bit hard sellin my Laney cos I found noone that want it,I think that I'll keep it and buy the hd147 (or maybe a flextoneIII..) with my money anyway..but this will take more time.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I just don't understand needing bunches of amps in one head. maybe I'm old school. distortion channel, clean channel boom, i'm ready to go.

Comment

I think that most guitar players need at least 3 channels. For doing covers modeling amps are excellent. They are getting so good it is hard to knock them anymore. The Vetta and the Flex III are outstanding. The HD147 is killer either live/studio or in the bedroom.

Comment

Plus, if you're like me, you get bored with your own tone after time. With an amp like the HD147, I have tons of different tonal variations at my disposal. This head has been a life saver on my finances. hahahaha

Comment

So now what are you spending you $$$ on? Guitars? Women? Booze? Fast wheels? I spent all my money on all of the above... The rest of it I wasted! Heh heh...

Comment

Working...
                              X