Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good "bedroom" amp?

Hi folks,

Im looking for a new amp to use in my bedroom and was hoping you guys could give me a few suggestions.

I play hard rock and metal mainly so it would have to have a decent distorted sound as well as a good clean.

Thanks for any help. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Good "bedroom" amp?

Hey Riddick,

How about a small Marshall? I got one recently for my son, the MG10CD at Musician's Friend for $69.99 +shipping. I played around with it and it's got decent distortion and clean sounds, I liked it so much I'm thinking about getting one for myself! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You can't go wrong with a Marshall, check em out.

Joe

Comment

Bedroom Amp = oxymoron.

I'd just say to get a POD XT + headphones and you're set.

Comment

gp 1000 into a mesa strategy 500.

there won't be any bedroom left....so that won't be a concern after you crank the bad boy.

Comment

Check out the modded 5150 clip on my sound clip page called bedroom levels. It's pretty good. Not buzzy like they are stock.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I'm playin' my Uberschall right now ....in my bedroom ...not a problem.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

hell yeah that's what i'm talking about.

wait, I wasn't talking yet. but I am now.

I can't stand being quiet.

Comment

i used to have a little Peavey Rage amp and it kicked arse for $100 practice amp, and it was freaking loud as heck. Right now I just use an old DOD G7 multi effects unit with headphones-it is basically a bunch of pedals in a small rackmount unit and I think it sounds darn good. it was like 200 bucks new ten years ago, so you might be able to find one dirt cheap. I don't think they were ever real popular.

Comment

I use a Peavey Supreme head with Carvin and Jackson 4x12's. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The old Charvel amps are pretty good. Stereo chorus, nice amount of distortion. Not great, not bad... you can get them in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

Comment

How much did you want to spend? Does it matter to you if it is new or used? I buy only used stuff now. I really like my Marshall VS65R. There are three on eBay right now, one with a BIN of $215. Totally worth it IMO. I wouldn't mind owning a second so that I could have a good stereo field.

[ October 20, 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Mesa Boogie for Colosseum 300
                      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Since I record direct into the board, I don't have a regular amp, but I've been considering getting a practice amp, as well, that can be used in an apartment setting. One I like quite a bit is the Peavey Bandit 112--the later versions with the "TransTube" technology. These have quite a bit of gain, if not at the uberschall or Triple Rec amounts, and sound really good at bedroom practice levels. And the great thing is, they are big enough that you could also conceivably use them for band rehearsals, as well, though I'm sure they wouldn't sound as good at really high volumes, being solid state.

Comment

I like what Line 6 is putting out these days, even that Peavey is nice too.

Comment

Come on guys, the best bedroom amps are mini stacks! I love 'em. The 80's classic, Marshall Lead 12 is sweet. And, even the new MG15ms is pretty cool. And, they look awesome if you have like two sitting together. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I use a Line 6 Spider 112 in my room. Great tone at tolerable volume.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X