Good "bedroom" amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good "bedroom" amp?

I never liked the sound out of those Marshall mini-stacks. Cute idea, but they need about 150% more gain and low end.

I had forgotten about the Line 6 amps. They make several models that would be good for practicing at home--very versatile, even if they aren't going to exactly recreate all the various amps they model.

Comment

hit your local pawn shop and look for one of the old 15 watt Gorilla practice amps. if i remember, they used to have an awsome distortion on them and a decent clean. should be pretty cheap also.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker:
        hit your local pawn shop and look for one of the old 15 watt Gorilla practice amps. if i remember, they used to have an awsome distortion on them and a decent clean. should be pretty cheap also.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*shudder*

Comment

Re: Good &quot;bedroom&quot; amp?

yup, go Pod. I got a Pod 2.0 and run it thru the effects loop of my Mesa Boogie Mrk III simul-Class. lol Very nice for low level room practice.

Comment

went out of town to visit a friend on the weekend, so I packed my Model 1A and my old Dean Markley K20. I forgot what a great little amp this is. I haven't used it in ages, but it does a pretty decent job. Onboard distortion circuit. And they're cheap too.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Line 6 spyder is what I use for messin' around the house..great sound at low(er) volumes. You won't be disappointed..
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

ampeg ss70,fender princeton chorus, i even liked the crate g40 with stereo chorus...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                X