Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my newest result of weakness; Engl cab!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my newest result of weakness; Engl cab!!

hi folks!
    I lately got an E412VS second hand I simply couldn't resist... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    so, here's a short review for those who are interessted.

it's loaded with V30 speakers at 60 watts each and was a kind of good deal IMO for 400 euros in nearly mint condition!!

for those who don't know these ENGL cabs personly; they are soooooo awesome!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I totally love it!!
    it's built like a rock!! I own a marshall 1960BV too, that is now standing under it in a full stack, and you really can't compare these both...
    the wood is by far thicker on the ENGL, it's bigger (I just got asked by a friend if my marshall is a 4x10 cab!!), and you won't find one single piece of plastic anywhere on this thing!!
    the front grid is of heavy metal [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] as well as the logo, the hafts are metal, the plate with the input jacks is metal, everything really damn solid.
    the back plate is isolated with some kind of foam stuff...

I can tell ya, I always liked my marshall, but once I had a closer look on the engl I felt like the marshall was really kind of cheap.

and it blows my 1960 away like nothing!!
    and don't hear this thing at all standing right under it. the sound is really awesome, and I don't regret I bought.
    absolutely.
    way more balls in my sound now.

it weights a ton, but the sound and craftsmanship is really worth it.

for those who think about buying one; stop thinking and do so!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: my newest result of weakness; Engl cab!!

I'm considering to buy a ENGL Fireball and relative cab...

Comment

Nice! I have an ENGL Pro cab(V30) and a Standard cab(V60) too and they're awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by RR1GGF:
        Nice! I have an ENGL Pro cab(V30) and a Standard cab(V60) too and they're awesome.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is there any difference between a PRO cab and a usual one, or is it just another name for the V30s?
        how do they compare to the V60s btw? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I just mentioned it's not bigger at all, it just looks that huge... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

gotta post some pics I think... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The pro cab is just another name for the one with V30s.

The cab with the V60s seems smoother and fatter than the V30(sounds more agressive than the V60s) to my ears anyway.

Comment

Nice work on your acquisition [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How heavy is the cab. I only ask coz I'm looking to get a powerball and cab and will have to lug it up a flight of stairs. (I will have help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
              Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's 50kg. pretty damn heavy...
                not sure about the straight version.

Comment

i have been looking at the powerball (or the ritchie blackmore model) myself, but im not sure about what kind of speaker configuration to get thou.

any powerball users out there? i have read nothing but great stuff about them. i can't seem to find any local dealers in the new york city area that carry them. i just emailed engl usa to see how far i have to force my wife to drive to see what all the fuss i about.

Comment

400 euros is a great deal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rar!

Comment

Working...
                    X