Do these exist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these exist ?

Basically a drum machine and amp modeler built into one handy unit w/ a headphone jack ? Basically the ultimate portable practice machine ?

If any company makes something similar to this, please let me know as im dying for one. Too hard to practice w/ amp and metronome when you have two roommates who are trying to work.

Re: Do these exist ?

KORG PANDORA

Comment

adrenalinn

Comment

Hrm, what about the yamaha qy 100 ?

Comment

By drum machine, do you mean one that will just play pre-recorded beats or one where you can program your own? If the former, than a DigiTech RP300 (probably any in the newer RP series) will do the job nicely.

Comment

Here is my delema, I either want something cheap and basic, just for practicing, or if I went with something like the Yamaha QY 100, ide want something on the top end, that I could actually do decent sounding recordings with.

Im worried that if I chose something in the mid range, I would still need to buy something better for recording in the future.

Comment

I don't think there are any all-in-one machines out there that combine guitar amps with fully programmable drum machines.

That GNX3 looks pretty cool if you are just looking to jam along with rhythm tracks of your own making, or to make very simple demos. Ultimately, though, good recordings require the ability to do more than use prerecorded drum patterns, which get awfully repetitive without the fills and minor variations that real drummers put in.

In my recordings, programming the drum machine properly always takes a lot more time and effort than recording the guitars and bass, but it really makes the biggest difference in the final quality of the music, also.

These days, you might be better off getting something like a GNX3 for practice and going into PC recording, where your budget is the only limit as to how tricky you can get.

Comment

buy separate units...if you want to record you will need all the control over sounds you can get...for a drum machine look into a boss dr-660...they relatively inexpensive and sound great...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Is the Dr-660 compatible with triggers? or do you need a special drum machien for that.

Comment

So then whats the best cheap practice thing ? the korg PX4 ?

Comment

how about my question on teh Boss...I might ask in a separate thread actually. whatever.

Comment

Digitech GNX3. It's even got a built in 8-track recorder. I've been thinking of getting one of these to demo some songs with. It's like $400, though. http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx3.htm
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

By "triggers," do you mean external electronic drum pads? Or do you mean an external sequencer (either stand-alone or on a keyboard)? Either way, the Boss drum machines (I use the DR-770, myself) are fully-MIDI capable, so you can use them as an external drum sound generator triggered by other MIDI devices (keyboards, electronic drum pads, sequencers, etc.)

You can also sync up the drum machine's sequencer to be started and tempo-controlled by an external MIDI device. This is how I work mine. The tempo and clock are controlled by my Akai DPS-12 digital mixer/recorder, which 'runs' my DR-770 in sync when I have them MIDIed together. I set the tempo on my Akai, rather than on the DR-770. When I press 'play' or 'record' on the Akai, it automatically runs the DR-770. This means that I can lay down a scratch drum track, record all the guitars/bass, and then program/record a final "bells & whistles" drum track later on that syncs up with everything I've already recorded. MIDI is cool...

The DR-660 is very similar to my DR-770, lacking only one or two small features--the sound engine and MIDI capability are exactly the same, I believe.

Comment

Either way, the Boss drum machines (I use the DR-770, myself) are fully-MIDI capable, so you can use them as an external drum sound generator triggered by other MIDI devices (keyboards, electronic drum pads, sequencers, etc.)
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not exactally... drum pads and acoustic triggers create an electronic pulse, not a midi signal. In order to trigger your acoustic drums or use pads you'll need a drum module with trigger inputs.
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

ok so I need a module AND a drum machine....right? Is the alesis module any good? It's frikken cheap on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X