No announcement yet.

Marshall Jmp-1 or Rocktron Chameleon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Jmp-1 or Rocktron Chameleon?

Bill, you'll be WHOOSHin like a mutha in no time, dude! HAHAHA! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

Hishin AND a whooshin... Now THAT'S tone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
        [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] JMP-1

Hehe... Sorry I'm not a fan at all.. Don't they have Engle there cheap? They are at least a real tube preamp... The JMP isn't, the tube does little for the sound, it's mostly diode distortion.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aren't Engl amps made in Germany, or Europe at least? Australia is as far from Europe as it is from the USA, basically, so I imagine the same price hikes would pertain. The only manufacturers reasonably close to Australia are Asian.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

All I know is that my JMP-1 has the best lead tone ...Iv'e ever heard ...outta all of our amps....diode or no diode...so again I say ..

so [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sweet as, thanks bill, i dont like fiddling around with **** (plug and play kinda guy) so your settings will help me heaps.

Cleve, engl's cost a ****load here in Australia, though i could have got the engl pream new; it would have cost me about 100 dollars more than what im getting the jmp for, but i dunno, the distortion wasnt what i was after.

Cheers marshall tone

Lerxcat amen.

thanks guys, hopefully all goes well. \m/

[ October 28, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Alexi7 ]

Comment

All I know is that my JMP-1 has the best lead tone ...Iv'e ever heard ...outta all of our amps....diode or no diode...so again I say ..
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I truly KNOW you aren't talking about MY lead tone... I honestly say have to say not much comes close to the CAE... Your JMP-1 has better lead tones that anything else it does. But, it isn't near the caliber of the CAE (But, since the CAE is more than twice the price new, it's understandable).

If it was the best, I'd own one. Sorry bro.

Comment

John, I get the feeling you're trying to say something bro! Go ahead, spit it out! Tell us what you REALLY think! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

How about CM posts a clip of his lead tone. and then Bill Z can post a clip of his JMP lead tone. and we can take a vote.

my peavey envoy's lead tone crushes you all!

Comment

Yeah!Lead tones fight!!Auctions are open!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Would it be cheating if I had someone else play the lead tone on my setup, as an entry to the lead tone fight? Because...uhhh...I couldn't play lead to save my life hehehe...

Stu

Comment

everyone should play the same Lead too. so there's no "who's better at playing than who"

its all about the tone. peavey envoy rules. you hav eno idea.

Comment

yeah i wouldnt mind hearing that, though the gear cleve has would be way too expensive...As long as the Jmp-1 has nice rhythm tones (with eqing and all that ****) im happy, the lead tone is a big bonus for sure though.
                          Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X