Tell me about your rig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your rig.

I know some of you guys have crazy complicated setups, but mine is probably one of the simplest. Let's here what you're using, and the sound you're getting.

Here's mine:

Guitar output into -
    Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive -
    Tech 21 XXL -
    Vox V847 Wah -
    Boss NF-1 Noise Gate -
    Marshall Valvestate VS100 -

The SD-1 is on only for leads. The XXL is on most of the time to shape my rhythm sound. The noise gate is on 99% of the time, and is a great pedal that isn't made anymore.

The Valvestate is going to be replaced very shortly with a Crate BV120 when I have it paid off. I'm thinking of keeping the Valvestate and using it for my lead sound so I'd have a dual amp setup.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Tell me about your rig.

Guitar ->
    Shure LX Wireless (Live only) ->
    Mesa Boogie Road King ->
    T.C. Electronics G-Force (In the FX Loop) ->
    Mesa Boogie Recto 4x12 w/ Cel. 90s

Switching is done by a Ground Control/GCX combo.
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

.50 cal
      2x12 vert recto cab
      sennheiser evolution wireless
      rhoads pro

nothing more needed.

edited to say: if Andy Laroque doesn't need it live, then neither do I!

[ October 22, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Dreamland_Rebel ]
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I like these kinds of threads...

Guitar signal into Crybaby wah and Boss Tuner pedal
        Input of Crate GFX 212
        Furman PQ-3 equalizer, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Rocktron Intellifex in effects loop

Amp and rack powered by a Furman PL8, pedals by a Dunlop Juice Box...Behringer MIDI controller switches patches in the Intellifex and changes amp channels.

Comment

Guitar---Vetta HD----Marshall G75 4x12. I also use a behringer FCB1010 for switching the vetta. That's it. Takes under 5 minutes to set up or tear down at a gig, and sounds great.

Pete

Comment

Guitar
            Soldano SP-77
            Mesa Boogie 50/50
            Korg Rack Tuner
            Furman Power Conditioner
            BBE Sonic Maximiser
            Alesis Quadraverb-2
            80's Randall 4 X 12 slant

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitar - Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whin-o-wah - TLS100

Stupidly simple. I've found that less is better in case of accidents. Big bottomed chick sat on the wah and broke the input, just plugged directly into the amp. I could handle using a Digitech 2101 or similar but would hate to think what would happen if someone fell on or spilt a drink on the controller. Damn drunk people! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I have a Boss Sd1 or something like that (old and yellow) that has had the TS808 mod done to it, but don't really need it. For jamming at a friends house, I use my XXL pedal in his spare Peavy, very cool pedal.

Comment

Right now... guitar into Dunlop Q-Zone pedal, Dunlop Crybaby, DOD Juice Box OD pedal (for boost) into Tech 21 SansAmp Tri-AC pedal (Fender, Marshall and Mesa/Boogie sounds), Boss NS2 noise suppressor, into the front of a 1992 Marshall Valvestate 2x12 (8240 stereo chorus combo). In the effects loop is a Rocktron Surf Tremolo pedal and Boss TU-2 tuner pedal. Sometimes a DOD 10-band EQ pedal or a stereo chorus pedal gets used in the loop and one output of the chorus is split to another little Marshall mini stack on the other side of the basement. Some time this week I'll be getting my first tube amp... a Mesa/Boogie F-30 1x12 combo. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                  Big bottomed chick sat on the wah and broke the input, just plugged directly into the amp.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] LMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry for your loss! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

GMW Strat
                    Analogman TS-9
                    Soldano SLO
                    Marshall 4x12 w/G65s

Comment

Super simple.

Most of the time it's
                      Charvel > Fender Champ 12

Sometimes it's

Charvel > 80's RAT > Champ 12

or

Charvel > V-amp > Champ 12 (V-amp is used for delay)

or

Charvel > V-amp > Headphones

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Genebaby:
                        Big bottomed chick sat on the wah and broke the input, just plugged directly into the amp.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] LMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry for your loss! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, two fat bottomed girls lost their balance when they bumped into the stage area while dancing that night. After the second one I wondered where my volume went. No wah for the rest of the gig and I got my tech to replace the input with a hardier one so all is back to normal.

Hell, if I have to, I'll play with just a distortion channel and a volume knob!

Comment

I like to see other peoples rigs, especially if it's odd like mine! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Guitar, into (at the moment,all my rig is rack mount)
                          Boss OD-1, Boss SD-1, Maxon CS-505, MXR Phase 90
                          into Rocktron Hush II 1/2 rack unit.
                          into Kasha Rockmod II (preamp)
                          into Vesta Fire RVD 901 (Reverb unit)
                          into Boss DE-200 (Delay unit) split stereo (wet,dry) into Marshall 9000 series 9005 (tube power amp).
                          into two or four JCM 800 series Marshall 4x12's loaded w/ Celestion G12-80's
                          Pedals and channels in the preamp are switched by a Rockman Midi octopus and two 1/2 rack dual remote loop boxes.
                          All cotrolled with a Rockman Midi pedal.

It's one of the best guitar sounds I've ever gotten!, and you can't beat the ease of use [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice and boring rig:

Guitar --> Sennheiser Wireless --> Korg DTR-1 Rack Tuner --> Boss NS-1 Noise Supressor --> Line 6 HD147 head --> 2 Genz Benz G-Flez 2x12's.

Comment

I've learned that simple is best.
                              Guitar signal - EMG PA-2 booster - Rocktron Prophesy - BBE 422A - VHT 2150 - 4 Mesa 4x12's (2 halfbacks, 2 Rectos per channel). There's a Furman PL-Plus and AR-117 to keep the voltage where I need it and a Peterson Autostrobe 490 for tuning.

- Joel
                              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X