DE-7 (loop)
    1960A

Comment

Re: Tell me about your rig.

A Jackson -> DSL 100 -> 1960AC 4x12.

Comment

Zeegler said
        I also forgot to list my cabinet. It's a late 70's/early 80's Peavey Butcher 4x12 with Celestion G12K85s. I've had it for 12 years now, and it is the absolute best cabinet I have ever heard. If something ever happened to it, I would die.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the same cab I use - it's the only non-Recto cab I've ever played that sounded good with a Recto. It's slightly bigger (and MUCH heavier) than a Marshall w/75s. Those speakers kick butt, and the cab is very well made. Pity they only made them with these speakers for one year, AFAIK.

The 90w Mesa Celestions sound very close, but not exactly the same.

I used to have the companion Peavey Butcher head to go with it, but it was stolen out of our rehearsal space a couple of years ago. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
          Zeegler said </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I also forgot to list my cabinet. It's a late 70's/early 80's Peavey Butcher 4x12 with Celestion G12K85s. I've had it for 12 years now, and it is the absolute best cabinet I have ever heard. If something ever happened to it, I would die.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the same cab I use - it's the only non-Recto cab I've ever played that sounded good with a Recto. It's slightly bigger (and MUCH heavier) than a Marshall w/75s. Those speakers kick butt, and the cab is very well made. Pity they only made them with these speakers for one year, AFAIK.

The 90w Mesa Celestions sound very close, but not exactly the same.

I used to have the companion Peavey Butcher head to go with it, but it was stolen out of our rehearsal space a couple of years ago. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Mike
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, I have one of those cabs too. Bought it used with a 5150 head about 5 years ago for $500 for the pair... damn thing doesn't leave my guitar room on the 2nd floor of my home because it's too damned heavy to move. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:

Mike
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, that's too bad. I used to have the Butcher head too. It was loud as f**k, but didn't sound too great for metal. I Bought a Marshall 9000 pre-amp to use with it. At least I had 2 channels, but I think the power tubes were on their way out. Eventually I traded it in on a Supreme 160. If I still had the Butcher, it would make a great amp to have modded, but it's long gone.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

By the way, there's one for sale on e-bay, and the guy lists the weight of the cabinet [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] at 100lbs!!!!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Pedal board:
                -Dunlop chrome wah
                -Prototype Fulltone Soulbender
                -Boss Octave
                -TC Electronics dist/booster/line driver
                -Fulltone Fulldrive 2 #26
                -Digitech Multi chorus
                -Digitech Digidelay
                -Boss NS-2

That goes into either

Rig 1

Rivera Chris Duarte with Deltalab effectron in loop

or Rig 2

Carvin Quad X with Rocktron Intellifex in loop...into a Hughes and Kettner power amp into a V30 loaded 1x12

Guitars by:
                Tom Anderson
                Vintage Schecter
                ESP
                Gibson
                Fender
                Vintage BC Rich
                Hamer
                Taylor

Comment

Jackson strat --> Ibanez DM2000(in the fx loop) --> Laney LC30

And I'm gonna buy a equalizer in the near future [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ibanez guitars, either an RG 550 or an RG 7620. Plug into a true bypass effects loop pedal which has MXR Phase 90, Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer and MXR Smart Gate in one loop and the other loop goes to a Boss TU-8 tuner. Peavey Rockmaster preamp. Yamaha SPX-90 in the FX loop of the clean channel. Peavey Classic 50/50, mono into a 4 ohm Marshall 1960A cab. With a 1960B also, if I have room.

[ October 29, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Demon ]

Comment

I have a Boogie Simul Class 2:90/V-Twin Rackmount that pushes 4 Recto 4X12 cabs. I also have a Tremoverb head that I never use for some reason. For hauling to practice/gigs, I have 2 ultra cheap solid state Randall RH200 heads that sound awesome. If something happens to them, no worries, I have less than $800 in the pair!

Effects: Boss NS2 Noise suppressor, Boss X-tortion, Boss reverb/delay, Dunlop Crybaby. I have quite a few pedals, but these are the ones that get used every day. My '73 Electro Harmonix Big Muff gets used alot.

Guitars: 4 Jackson XTRR's, Gibson '57 Goldtop RI, Faded Cherryburst '59 RI, Honeyburst '60 Classic, Cherry Sunburst '95 Les Paul Standard, Antique white '62 RI SG Les Paul, '81 Dean V Standard, G&L Rampage reissue # 5.

[ October 29, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: circle of the tyrants ]

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
                        Pedal board:
                        -Dunlop chrome wah
                        -Prototype Fulltone Soulbender
                        -Boss Octave
                        -TC Electronics dist/booster/line driver
                        -Fulltone Fulldrive 2 #26
                        -Digitech Multi chorus
                        -Digitech Digidelay
                        -Boss NS-2

That goes into either

Rig 1

Rivera Chris Duarte with Deltalab effectron in loop

or Rig 2

Carvin Quad X with Rocktron Intellifex in loop...into a Hughes and Kettner power amp into a V30 loaded 1x12

Guitars by:
                        Tom Anderson
                        Vintage Schecter
                        ESP
                        Gibson
                        Fender
                        Vintage BC Rich
                        Hamer
                        Taylor
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How is that Quad X set up working out with the intellifex? I am waiting for a Midiverb 2 to arrive for my Quad X loop. What loop do you have your Intellifex in?

Comment

prs ce 24 into a line 6 dm4 into a danelectro fab tone into a mesa nomad 45.

i ocasionally use a korg 104ds and a danelectro pscho flange.

i actually want to sell all my stuff and get a brian moore and a flextone 3.

Comment

Currently, my band rig is:

DXMG (stock)/ Rhoads STD (JB in bridge)
                            Korg AX1000G Mutli-FX
                            Peavey Supreme Head
                            Peavey Slant 4x12

and at home it's any of my DXMG, DX10D, Rhoads STD or my Washburn A-5V into a POD, and 8 channel mixer and some headphones [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Black Mariah, what do you think of the sound you get out of the Supreme and the EQ? I use my head just for power because I could never really get a tone I really liked out of it. I did manage to coax some wicked tones out of that pedal though, so I'm pretty content with my sound!

So does the EQ drastically improve the sound? I know I read in a Guitar Worla that Ola Frenning from Soilwork used a Peavey transtube head so I figured it must've been the supreme! He's switched to 5150s now though, at least when I saw em in the summer...

Comment

Carvin SX-200 head through Avatar 4x12" with Celestions. That's it and it sounds awesome.

Comment

Carvin DC125 into a Line 6 Spider II 212. That's it. Woot.
                                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                                X