randall heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randall heads

i"m curious. I was just getting nostalgic and I recalled that when I saw Evergrey perform back in early september. They were both playing through Randall HEads with full stacks. They sounded extremely tight. What model does Evergrey use. I'm aware that Soilwork is endorsed by randall now as well. I'm pretty sure teh amps were of the solid state 300 watt variety as well. And they sounded superb.

Re: randall heads

i had a randal rh-100 half stack and it was pretty cool.
    the cleans were good for a solid state (not as complex as tube of course, but still pretty good) and the distortion was very modern, nice and tight, cuts thru the mix.
    people either hate or love the distortion sound, i personally think it sounded great.
    if you are looking for vintage sounds, this probably isn;t it, but for metal, i think randals are good amps for the money.

Comment

Evergrey were using Randall Titans when I saw them. Randalls sound good to me, if I were gigging I would probably consider picking up a Cyclone head. I've got a Randall RG75, I think it's great for a cheap combo. I like the way it sounds, plenty of gain and pretty tight sounding loud enough for jamming with other people to.

[ October 24, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

Never liked the sounds I got out of the Randall 300 watters I tried, but the 100 watt and under Randalls are killer! I'm guessing the circuitry is totally different between the Cyclone, Titan and Warhead and the RH100 and the rest of the regular series...

Comment

Working...
        X