X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budda vs Soldano

budda - superdrive2 30 head
    soldano - hot rod 50 head

I'm looking for a tube head. about 50w...
    Has anyone played these amps?
    Tell me your opinion.
    I LOVE METAL TONES- LIKE LYNCH, WARREN DEMARTINI, BADLANDS, Alice in chains.

Re: Budda vs Soldano

you probably want to stay away from budda then....they are great amps and i loved my sd30, but i think you would be better off with the soldano for the tones you like

Comment

I LOVE METAL TONES- LIKE LYNCH, WARREN DEMARTINI, BADLANDS, Alice in chains.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There is an old Lee Jackson modded marshall on ebay right now that will give you the tone your after. Those heads are becoming rare ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian Guitars:
        you probably want to stay away from budda then....they are great amps and i loved my sd30, but i think you would be better off with the soldano for the tones you like
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What Doug said. I had an SD18, and it was a great amp. However, the gain wasn't nearly as 'metal' as you're looking for. ALMOST, but not quite.

Pete

Comment

Being a major Soldano fan, I would suggest the HR50 and some real good tubes.
          If you use the amp for at home practice, then I would also suggest a hotplate, cause Soldanos don't get going till your close to half throttle on the master. Thats where you'll find the goods!

Comment

Chuck here turned me into a Soldano fan too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I just traded into a Soldano HR 50. Any suggestions for speakers to get a paint peelin shred sound?
              Will this head cover shred?

Comment

Chuck:

I'm running the SP-77 and Mesa 50/50 that I got off of your buddy Doc.....it is a 80's shred beast...very Dokkenish/Ratt/Scorps vibe....

I am running it into a beat up(and I mean beat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) 80's Randall 4X12 that I have wired for stereo and it has the Celestion Sidewinders in it....nice and crisp...with a good bottom "thump" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have also heard that if you combine, say Celestions on the top half and Eminence/JBL on the bottom that will also help out the sound (although I have never done it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Hope this helps buddy [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i think soldano is the amp you are looking for.
                  the budda to me sounds more of a classic rock, looser sounding amp.
                  the gain on the hr50 sounds more focused, and better for metal.

Comment

I'd recommend a used VHT for metal, but hey.

I have the SD 30 and 80. I had a HR50 before getting an SLO. The Budda is mids oriented with gain that is not as smooth. It's a tad on the flabby side for me (I'm very demanding when it comes to tight bass and use VHT mostly).

one thing...both Budda and Soldano are great to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                    X