Behringer Parametric eq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Parametric eq

It's a bit hard to find a furman where I live,italian ebay sucks donkey balls! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Behringer Parametric eq

I don't know that I'd "really" recommend the Furman, as it is so noisy to where I would like to find a better piece myself. I can say, that it does give my rig a nice lively responsiveness (even when turned off), that the rig loses if I remove it from the system. I'll figure there is a buffer in it that my CAE likes.

I'd really not buy the Behringer, I was soooo wanting it to work and it really disappointed me.

I'll admit that My CAE preamp is more sensitive to things than other preamps, maybe your preamp wouldn't be so bad with it. Surprising that my CAE likes this Furman thing. It is considerably old, low end technology compared to the assumed new high tech circuitry of the Behringer. Maybe that is the key though. I dunno.

You might also look for the TC 1140. It is an awesome Parametric, if you can find one out your way. I've also been told by other members here (who I respect their opinion) that the old ART half rack tube parametric is pretty good sounding. Noisy also.

Do you check U.S. Ebay for this stuff?

Comment

Behringer Parametric eq

Hi guys!
      Can you tell me something about this little toy?How does it do its job?

Comment

It's a tone sucking piece of crap as far as guitar goes.

I owned it for a couple days and and took it back. Even Bill noticed it sounded horrible just being connected in the rack...

I wouldn't use one if you paid me. Sad, cus it looks cool, and the price is right.

I have a Furman PQ-3 that sounds tremendously better in my amp. But, it's quite noisy.

Comment

Nope,cos here in Italy we use a different voltage.I imagine that the Tc 1140 will be a bit expensive.I hope to try an old art eq or to find a rocktron pro-q!

[ October 28, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Mordor ]

Comment

I wouldn't go too far out of your way to try the Pro-Q. I had one and ran it through my CAE3+se/VHT2150 rig , and although it was "ok", I sold it. Bill tried it also for a while through his Uberschall, and didn't want to keep it either.

It isn't a true Parametric. It has one parametric style control that is mid boost/notch, with and adjustable range and width. Along with bass, treble, a great hush built in, and an interesting phase conrol.

It was unfortunately way too processed and fizzy sounding for me. I was hoping it would be awesome. Cool, but not quite awesome at all. Unless you find one for like $100 bucks, I'd not bother much. They are usually around $200 US and they aren't really worth that IMO.

I kept coming back to that darn noisy Furman... Bah.

[ October 28, 2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

IMO, the ProQ is a tone-sucking black hole. Berhinger doesn't make anything worth using. The Furman is cool, but like John said, noisy.

I like the ART half rack unit alot. It added a "musical" eq to the sound unlike a good deal of other EQs. It didn't kill the sound. I sold mine as I am not using any EQ in my rig - I''m going for the raw sound at the moment. The only down side to the ART is that the high and low cut/boost is at a set of fixed frequencies, so it is not terribly flexible. I found that it worked nicely to cut some specific midrange frequencies that were offensive and to add a bit of high end sizzle.

YRMV....
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
              X