bogner-hafler triple giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bogner-hafler triple giant

It works fine John. Dont you have windows media player?

Comment

I've been using Windows media player 5, as it allows me to save stuff as a file on my system.

I looked at the newer ones (wmp 6-7 etc) and it just wants to save links to stuff in a library. So it seems that you have to re-download stuff everytime you want to see it and can't actually keep it on your drive. Unless I missed something.

Comment

the triple giant is a killer preamp for the money...if you can get one for 350, snag it.....they usually end up at 500 which is still a great price.....long since discontinued.....i kinda wish i still had mine.....its more of a 80s metal sound to it...but im sure you can suck the mids out and dial in too much bass to get that aweful modern sound if you must

Comment

I love the sound that guy has in that clip. I do have that clip already too. If I had even 350 dollars to spend on something I would. And this amp would probably be it. But then i'd need to get a power amp. And yeah...rack gear is not for me...a poor bastard. i'm going to be inheriting a 5150 here soon hopefully, as my gear wh0re brother will be looking for an ENGL savage or powerball head. woohooo [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

for a power amp, i picked up a tube works MV962, they're discontinued so you can get them pretty cheap. it's 80w stereo 160w bridged. i'm really happy with it, i'd recommend it for a good starting power amp. another good thing about them is send tubeworks a polite email about it and they will help you out.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Thanks to the Cleve-Man for putting the video file up, hope it's helpful for you guys. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

thats bstaley playing in that video.. he used to post here, hasn't been around in like a year though..

the amp sounds killer though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, when Vince got banned, he quit coming I think. I think he just came to bust Vince's balls.

Comment

Good tone, nice playing! I think the "stick"-version of The entertainer was pretty neat [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

here's a nice power amp for ya
                      mesa 295
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                      X